Bombay Spice Grill and Wine

Serves meat, veg options available. Modern home-style cooking of India in a contemporary dining environment. Offers vegetarian choices, a vegan protein option for main entrees (vegan faux meat), as well as gluten free. Has a separate vegan menu. All dishes are prepared with olive oil rather than ghee, butter, cream, or frying. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by energie
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Bombay Spice Grill and Wine

4 Posted on 11 / 22 / 2012

At happycow's recommendation I ate here when I was in Phoenix. They make Indian food that's healthier but the flavor is milder. I order aloo gobi at every Indian restaurant I go to and got that here.

MeGaVEgHEad
MeGaVEgHEad

Pretty Good

3 Posted on 02 / 13 / 2012

I had been wondering where this place is and finally saw it one day on my way to Whole Foods. I had two hours to kill before an appointment so I stopped in for a bite. There is a lot of meat on the menu so I think of this place more as a quick and easy Indian food place more than anything. I ordered the appetizer that is made with the chick peas. This was definitely the highlight of my meal. It was very satisfying. I also had the vegetable flat bread which was decent. If you're hungry and want something in a pinch, I would recommend this place.

Pros: near whole foods
veglovr
veglovr

Good...

3 Posted on 07 / 18 / 2010

I've been to Bombay Spice at least 5 times and the service is regularly okay. The food is also okay. I like the cumin potatoes but this dish along with marinated tofu should be only $5. I like that they have a gf menu, but they really could have a wider selection for vegans.

Cons: portions, price

Rox
Rox

Indian Food at Bombay Spice

3 Posted on 04 / 13 / 2009

There are plenty of good quality Indian restaurants in Phoenix (not necessarily advertised). For one entree and one drink-- it cost 18 dollars (without tip). I was able to choose 2 Veg options for my entree and have a choice of brown or Jasmine rice. Once my order arrived: one of my Veg options looked & tasted just like a tofu scramble and a serving of rice. Each Veg option probably equaled 1/8- 1/4 cup--- with more rice than I could consume in one sitting.

energie
energie

Healthy Indian

4 Posted on 07 / 28 / 2008

I really like BS for two reasons, it's healthy and Indian. Usually those two word do not go together, especially if you're eating out. I have eaten at plenty of Indian restaurants but am scared to know what was added to my veggie dishes (ghee, salt, etc), but here you know exactly what you're getting. Forget the ghee, BS uses olive oil instead. Plenty of veggie options; very nice wine selection.

Pros: Healthy, Delicious, Clean

Dear Owner and Manager of Bombay Spice Grill and Wine: