Serves meat, veg options available. Indian food. Offers a daily lunch buffet with some vegetarian choices - ask about dairy use. Previously located at Belden Village St, Apr 2014. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
5111 Fulton Dr NW
Canton, Ohio 44718
330-305-0671
Closed now

Mon-Thu 5:00pm-10:00pm, Mon-Fri 11:00am-2:30pm, Fri-Sat 5:00pm-10:30pm, Sat 11:30am-3:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-3:00pm

First Review by tgif66
Ward
Ward

Excellent Buffet

Posted on 11 / 24 / 2014

Substantial veg variety of dishes, all delicious.

Pros: Selection, Atmosphere, Convenient To Akron Canton Airport
Jay P
Jay P

Horrible Food and Service!!

Posted on 02 / 27 / 2014

Horrible experience 3 times. 3 strikes, your out.

The service was horrible, and make for a horrible experience, along with their dried out, lack luster flavorless, and emptied buffet. We got there at 12:30 PM on a weekday. I immediately noticed half of the buffet was picked off by the vultures. So, I said to the waiter who was hanging around, pretending to be busy, to replenish an item on the buffet. He gives me a thumbs up, and goes in the back. 15 mins later, after standing in a line, I have some chicken makhani. I decided to, right after I sat down, get another piece of naan, and I was scolded loudly and embarrassingly by a waitress named Sumner that I needed to get another plate. My plate was actually clean, and I had not even taken a bite off of it. I don't go to a restaurant to be scolded, and ridiculed in front of other patrons. Again, the pakora, naan, etc were all dried up, and tasteless.

Horrible experience 3 times. 3 strikes, your out. In my opinion, the food and service is horrible. I actually read the bad reviews on yelp, and other sites the first time, but I was quite skeptical, however, those bad reviews are actually true.

The first time I went to the buffet, the food was very dry and not flavorful. Also, the items were not replenished, and you have to point out to the waiters and waitresses this. Isn't that their job?

It was the worst Indian food I have ever tasted in my life, and I should know what Asian Indian food should taste like, since I am from India. They did, however, supply like 7 lbs of rice with my order. I'm not sure if that's their way of trying to compensate real food. There was no type of seasoning, and it was very bland. I ordered chicken tandoori as well. I was asked how spicy I would like that. I told them medium. I got home, and it was so spicy, I coudn't even eat it. I guess because I am Asian-Indian, they made it "Indian hot", and yes, that is a spice level there.

We ordered malai kopta as well. Again, the food was very scarce for the dinner menu, and very oily and not flavorful.
Updated from previous review on Thursday February 27, 2014

Pros: cheap , resembles Asian-Indian food
Cons: dirty, rude, horrible service, unhealthy food
RunVeg
RunVeg

Great selection of foods, knowledgeable server

Posted on 02 / 05 / 2014

We found the most amazing server/hostess there when we went to try out Bombay Sitar (her name's Summer and she's nice and knowledgeable about vegan). She went through the menu and circled what was vegan or could easily be made vegan, she helped up order, wrote VEGAN really big across our ticket, and went back and spoke with the cooks to make sure that everything would be prepared vegan. What amazing service! If I got this kind of service every time I went out, I'd definitely go out a lot more. Here's what is vegan or can be made vegan:

Appetizers

Kachumber Salad

Accompaniments
Achar

Wheat Wonders
Anything that is made with wheat, make sure to ask for no butter

Vegetarian Specialties
Vegetable Jal Frazi
Saag Paneer (minus paneer)
Alo Palak
Tarka (yellow) Dal
Chana Masala

Chef Specialties
Karahi Vegetables

They have a range of spiciness, and I love to get the spiciest, "Indian," and it's super tasty. Not overwhelmingly spicy, honestly.

Also, look on their website for an $8 off $35 take out coupon. Big difference that makes!

The food was good here, the service was excellent. We haven't tried to buffet yet. We're still a little intimidated by trying to figure out ingredients on that one.

Pros: Excellent, knowledgeable service, Great spice/food, Coupon!

brandon.niles
brandon.niles

Great Service

Posted on 05 / 10 / 2011

My wife and I were in Canton for one night and we tried Bombay Sitar. The Vegan options there were more than the average restaurant, and our server was very friendly and knowledgable. She went through the menu telling us what was vegan, and she knew to have the chefs not cook with ghee.
My wife at the Aloo Gobi and I had the Bhindi Masala. Both were excellent, and went very well with the Roti bread we had on the side. This isn't an amazing restaurant, but it's very good, affordable, and friendly. If you're looking for something vegan in Canton, I would definitely recommend Bombay Sitar.

Pros: Food Quality, Service
Cons: Dry dishes (but we were told by server)
havecompassion
havecompassion

Love.

Posted on 02 / 06 / 2010

I highly recommend the lunch buffet at Bombay Sitar. They offer two sides to the buffet - one veg and one non-veg. There are always at least two vegan entrees on the buffet and always pakoras. You can order roti with no butter if vegan, but it is not on the buffet. Dinner is wonderful too, but the lunch buffet cannot be beat! The food is incredible.

Pros: friendly staff, large portions, excellent food
tgif66
tgif66

Delicious!

Posted on 12 / 27 / 2009

I had lunch at Bombay Sitar yesterday and it was absolutely delicious! The lunch was a buffet and they had a great assortment of hot, fresh, and very flavorful Indian dishes. This was the first Indian place I've ever seen that had pakoras on the buffet, which usually cost an arm and a leg but these were all you can eat... fantastic! There were plenty of vegetarian dishes and a few with chicken, but they were separated and labeled so there was no confusion. The staff was extremely nice and accomodating as well. I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for great vegetarian food.

Pros: Friendly Service, Reasonably Priced, Delicious Food

Dear Owner and Manager of Bombay Sitar: