Bombay Indian Grill - S 1st St

Serves meat, veg options available. Has large vegetarian section on the menu, 25 entrees, some appetizers, more than 10 vegan options. Atmosphere is white tablecloth candle lit. Second location is located at 403 E Green St which is take-out and quick dining. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Indian, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by PurpleSocialist
PurpleSocialist
PurpleSocialist

My favorite restaurant in Champaign

4 Posted on 01 / 26 / 2013

I had never tried Indian food before trying Bombay Indian Grill.
I tried Vegetable Jalfrezie which had great spices but I wasn't too keen on the beans. [I wasn't a big fan of beans at the time].
On my second visit I tried the chana masala which I found to be absolutely delicious! If I could afford to visit Bombay Grill every week I would. It's not an expensive restaurant, IMO, but I know it's not the smartest thing in the world to eat out at restaurants every week on a graduate student budget.

I prefer their location on campus because the wait staff is nicer. The First Street location has one rude server I have encountered each visit. The food is so good so I try not to let him ruin my experience.

You can also place an order for takeout if you prefer.

Pros: flavorful food, lots of vegetarian or vegan options, reasonable prices
Cons: one rude waiter

Dear Owner and Manager of Bombay Indian Grill - S 1st St: