Vegetarian Indian restaurant. Serves both North and South Indian cuisine. Daily changing specials. Many vegan suitable dishes, marked. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Fast food, Takeout

austinrlm
  • non-vegetarian

Love this place

Posted on 03 / 25 / 2011

I am a meat eater and usually like to have meat in my food. The food at this place is so full of flavor, I do not miss not having meat at all. We eat there about once a week. My wife is a vegatarian and she love the fact that there is no meat being cooked near her food. We say they have the best food in Austin and never get tired of eating there. The owners and their family are so very nice. We now consider them as our friends and love to go by and say hi and eat their fantastic food. Everything there is good. We are trying everything on the menu during our lunch outings there and have not been disappointed yet. I had the Aaloo Tikki today and it was incredible. The evening specials are so delicious that we sit there eating and are always saying "Mmmmmmm" throughout the meal. The prices are great as well.

Pros: Flavorful, Good vaulue., Meatless
Cons: None really.
harekrishna
harekrishna

Best in Austin

Posted on 12 / 04 / 2009

I visit here every fortnight :) All items are great, kachori and samosa sandwich are my favorite.

Jaye
Jaye
  • non-vegetarian

Excellent food, over 20 vegan choices

Posted on 04 / 20 / 2009

The Bombay Express was a great find on our first night visiting Austin. It is about 3 miles north of the city of off I-35, in the new superWalmart plaza. The food was some of the best and the most authentic Indian cuisine I have ever had. The prices are very reasonable and the portions large. The restaurant is clean and pleasant. They have take-out on most everything. The tablecloths are vinyl and you eat on paper plates with plastic silverware, very casual and this is reflected in the prices. The staff was helpful and polite. A wonderful place to eat, excellent food, and so many choices for vegans!

Pros: Excellent food, Great value, Friendly staff

Malavya
Malavya

Great stuff

Posted on 05 / 13 / 2008

I love this place. I love the owners and the service and the food!

Pros: great food, Best service, fast
Cons: too far for me
Guest
Guest

great!

Posted on 06 / 21 / 2007

this place is great! the staff was very friendly and willing to point out what what vegan. The food was delicious! I highly reccomend it!

Dear Owner and Manager of Bombay Express: