Casual restaurant located inside Laxmi Plaza, a small Indian shopping mall. Ordering is at the counter, with table service. Offers a variety of vegan dishes and will withhold the cows' milk to make many of their lacto-vegetarian vegan. Draws from several Indian cuisines. Fresh fruit juices. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Juice bar

First Review by newmoonrising

Yummy!

5 Posted on 08 / 20 / 2014

The deeper I venture into my plant based diet the more I enjoy Southern Indian cooking. Imran was awesome. They stayed open for us to get something to eat 9pm on a Monday. I am grateful they did because the food was delightful. My sister grabbed the take away and had it later (long stressful night). A definite place to eat even if you are an omnivore!

Top notch

5 Posted on 08 / 06 / 2013

Excellent food and selections for vegans. Even the kids ask to go back (it HAS to be good)

Pros: Excellent food, Healthy cuisine, Good value
Cons: Small restaurant, Odd location

Small, clean place

5 Posted on 08 / 01 / 2013

but delicious! I had the veggie sizzler and it was fantastic. The server was really nice and accommodating when my boyfriend and I said we were vegan.

Pros: Excellent food, Fast service

Simple Place Delicious Food

5 Posted on 01 / 06 / 2013

The food is fresh and delicious with vegan and vegetarian options and good size portions. The restaurant is small and cozy and clean, nothing fancy, but very accomodating and good for a date or the family. The staff are always friendly and prices are very reasonable. I recommend the Bobmbay Chaat.

Pros: Vegetarian, Authentic Indian, Good Value

Nice "Bombay" Style Cafe

5 Posted on 01 / 01 / 2013

They have decent food if you know how Bombay Cafe will be in Bombay ... I had ordered Rava Masala Dosa, Channa Bhutara, Bheil Puri, Idli-Bada, Rssam Soup, Masala Dosa for self and woman with me thinking at least 1-2 items will be good for lunch. It turn-out that everything was perfect and nice AND we two finished everything though quantities were decent too(exception was sambhar which was more like Bombay type rather south-Indian i.e. no toor-dal in it but only subjis). Food was not heavy either and freshly made ... Owner, server and cashier were very friendly people and once I gave my little feedback on Sambhar, they gracefully acknowledge and promised to make it better. And as a Thank you note ... made us special-kadak-chai like Calcutta style :-) thank you folks and we will visit again if we are in Florida/Orlando area

Pros: Freshness, Taste, Quality
Cons: Sambhar

Best Indian food I've ever had!

5 Posted on 09 / 30 / 2012

The menu is full of great items. Everything is full of flavor. There are great mild dishes as well as spicy. I really like the kathi roll and you can add the hot sauce to your liking. Just about everything we've had is pretty good.

Pros: excellent food, All vegetarian, open 7 days
Cons: white rice only, dessert

Love this place!!!

5 Posted on 05 / 20 / 2012

OMG so many tasty, vegetarian choices. The food was EXCELLENT and the service was super helpful. They will explain any dish, give you suggestions and work with any dietary restrictions. Went with a vegan friend and they worked the whole menu for us so he could enjoy the menu. We were both non-Indian and the staff could not be any more helpful. The restaurant is not elegant, but the food and service so make up for this. Can't wait to go back!

Good food

3 Posted on 05 / 09 / 2012

The food I ordered was great, including the samosas, Dal Mahkani and roti. The guy that took my order must not have spoken a lick of English. When I asked questions about dairy or butter, he looked confused and mumbled something ( I don't think they were words in any language), so I just gave up and went on with the order, hoping I'd guessed correctly. I didn't receive or get charged for one item I ordered - not sure b/c it had dairy or if it was a mistake. It's a little out of the way from where I was staying (near convention center) but good food.

Pros: Tasty food
Cons: A bit of trouble ordering

MMMmm!

5 Posted on 05 / 04 / 2012

Bombay Cafe is in the House of Spices shopping plaza, directly on OBT & Oak Ridge Road. It is directly across another vegetarian Indian restaurant, Woodlands.

I love Woodlands, though prefer Bombay Cafe for a few reasons:
1. Gobi Manchurian (battered & fried cauliflower, in a decadent sauce to die for, with onions and peppers) is my favorite and I prefer Bombay's to Woodlands
2. At Bombay, you order at the counter, take a number and a seat. After served your food and drinks and enjoying your meal, you pay at the same counter. This process is much quicker than at Woodlands!!!
3. Bombay isn't nearly as busy as Woodlands so you typically never have to wait. :)

Pros: Delicious, Affordable, Nice people
Cons: Gross bathrooms

Best Indian Food EVER! (cheap too!)

5 Posted on 02 / 17 / 2011

I work at the florida mall near Bombay, so I pick up food there quite often (they know me by name!). It's a small restaurant in the same building as an Indian grocery store, an Indian video rental store, bridal shop, beauty shots, and many more different kinds of Indian stores. The people who work at Bombay are so nice! Just let them know that you are vegan and they will make sure your food is made to order! (Ali always helps us out. He's such a great guy!) There are 2 other Indian restaurants within 500 feet of Bombay, but neither of them compare. Not only is the food better at Bombay, but the prices are much more reasonable. When you go there, make sure to try the Vegetable Jalfrezi, the Veg Biryani, and the samosas! One more thing: the naan cant be made vegan, but there is an amazing alternative that they make! It's called Tandoori Roti (i think it's tastes better than naan!). And they give you SO much food! Theres always left overs when my bf and I eat there. Anyway, Bombay is amazing and you should definitely eat there!

Pros: amazing food, awesome prices, very sweet staff
Cons: the parking lot is easy to miss

Dear Owner and Manager of Bombay Cafe: