Offers a few vegan suitable sorbets daily, which might include flavors like chocolate rose, bakewell tart, and elderflower. A few tables inside. more-less
6 Pool Valley (/near Palace Pier and coach station)
Brighton, England BN1 1NJ
01273-727205

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by jojoinbrighton
imogenmichel
imogenmichel

Tasty vegan ice cream

Posted on 06 / 05 / 2014

I came here with some friends to try their vegan ice cream and it was delicious! The staff were very knowledgeable about which options were vegan (including the cones) and it was very nice to be able to get some vegan ice cream and sit on Brighton beach. This would be a five star review if they only labelled their ice creams to show which ones are vegan instead of needing to ask!

Pros: Vegan ice cream by the beach, Friendly, helpful staff, Very high quality
Cons: Limited vegan range (only 6), Not labelled vegan
jesse
jesse

Six Vegan Choices!

Posted on 01 / 25 / 2014

I lived in Florence last year and would get vegan gelato several times a week. Boho's gelato is even better! I had vegan chocolate peanut butter, cherry bakewell, and mango flavours. It was delicious and excellent! Will be going back.

Pros: six vegan flavours, not all sorbet - good real flavors, affordable
paperbagblog
paperbagblog

A must try!

Posted on 09 / 22 / 2013

Amazing ice-cream, with usually six vegan options. Usually they have very unique flavours, although sometimes they can be a little dull if it's just fruity flavours. I prefer the more unusual combinations, but it all tastes amazing. The cones are vegan, too - I love the chocolate dipped ones! Great location with it being quite central and near the seafront.

Pros: Usually at least six vegan options, Great value for money, Great location

Miggi
Miggi

Vegan ice cream heaven in Brighton!

Posted on 07 / 08 / 2013

Fantastic to find 6 different unusual freshly-made ice creams suitable for vegans. When we went:
Coffee and Hazlenut
Chilli Chocolate
Mohito
Berry
Strawberry, basil and black pepper
Chocolate, blood orange and figs
All looked gorgeous. Friendly staff gave us little tastes to help us choose which ones to have! We tried a few between us and they were fantastic, really good strong flavours and great texture of ice cream, really smooth and creamy. We'll be back!
There was plenty of seating inside and out when we visited, plus it's just a step back from the seafront so you can always head to the beach with your ice cream for that holiday feeling!

Updated from previous review on Tuesday April 30, 2013
Fewer vegan options today, but still excellent flavours:
Chocolate Lime
Alfonso Mango
Raspberry & Elderflower
YUM!

Pros: vegan options, unusual flavours, friendly
Cons: expensive so occasional treat!, more vegan toppings would be cool!
Wine Lover
Wine Lover

Inspired flavours, so creamy yet vegan!

Posted on 06 / 19 / 2013

When I used to think of sorbets I thought of the watery icy sort you get in the supermarket. Nothing like that here! These sorbets are so smooth and so creamy, you just wouldn't believe they are vegan.

They always have 4-6 vegan flavours (24 flavours overall) ranging from fruity to chocolatey and the taste combinations are inspired. The new creme brûlée and chocolate peanut butter sorbet flavours are proving very popular but I lean more towards bakewell tart, coffee hazelnut, chocolate lime, chocolate coconut or chocolate rose. My partner likes the fruity ones more.

I used to dream of the fab vegan ice cream in NYC but having been spoilt with a regular supply of Boho Gelato sorbets I have to admit the NYC ice creams just didn't impress me in the same way when I was there recently, even my favourite flavours. That's how good this stuff is!

You can buy these by the scoop in a cone or a cup but you can also buy them in a larger amount to take away which is really good value (in a plastic tub or a polystyrene insulated container if you need to keep it cold for longer to get it home).

The staff are so friendly and knowledgeable about their products and the sorbets and gelatos are made on the premises. You can try a few tasters before you choose what to have so what are you waiting for? Get down to Boho Gelato asap, you won't regret it.

During the summer they stay open later, sometimes til after 7pm depending on how busy it is. It's a good idea to ring and check if you're coming in late.

Pros: Amazing vegan flavours, a good range of 4-6 to choose from, some indoor & outdoor seating
Tinkerbell25
Tinkerbell25

Lots of vegan options

Posted on 04 / 15 / 2013

I have been going to Boho Gelato for several months now and I am always impressed by the vegan options. They usually have about 6 vegan options - all sorbets although they are so creamy they taste like ice cream. Yesterday they had berry, mojito, chocolate and avocado for example. The flavours vary so there is often something different to try. Cones are vegan also. Staff always helpful. Highly recommend.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Changing flavours
Cons: Not alot of seating inside or out
jojoinbrighton
jojoinbrighton

Delicious Gelato.

Posted on 11 / 27 / 2012

I love Boho Gelato! They usually have six vegan options daily and they're located on the front left of the display case. The plain cones are vegan too and the staff are always super knowledgeable and happy to answer any questions. My favourite flavours are Pistachio, Hazelnut, Mint Chocolate, Pink Lemonade, Mojito and Choc & Blood Orange.

Pros: Exciting options, vegan cones, lovely staff
Cons: Not open late

Dear Owner and Manager of Boho Gelato: