CLOSED: Bodhi - SM Makati

Part of food chain with branches inside shopping malls. No garlic or onion used. Offers vegetarian versions of popular Filipino dishes with vegan options. Menu based on various noodles/rice + viands combo. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Fast food, Ovo, Lacto

First Review by totoro7
Gudrun
Gudrun

Bodhi, I miss you!

4 Posted on 03 / 14 / 2013

Bodhi in SM Makati is the only vegetarian place within a big underground food court. The seating area is shared with all the other eateries and can be quite noisy. It is more a place for a "quick bite" than for an extended meal.

During my business trip to Makati I have been here several times. And I loved the place! Most of the times I had (white) rice plus 2 "viands" plus a bottle of water for in total less that 2.50 USD. I tried only the vegan options, but there was enough choice for me. I am not really a fan of mock meat, but this was about the best mock meat I ever had. The vegetables were delicious as well. Not to forget the big good lumpias.

The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Bodhi, I miss you!

Pros: delicious food, friendly staff, very cheap
Cons: missing some good healthy drinks
totoro7
totoro7

Convenient location, very affordable

5 Posted on 01 / 26 / 2013

Located in the underground food court of SM, just a couple of minutes from MRT Ayala Station, and thus very convenient for a quick veggie bite. Offers the same Filipino and Chinese dishes found at other Bodhi branches. The pricing is somewhat confusing, as only the set meals qualify as a budget meal. If you want more of a certain viand, the price jumps exponentially. The quality of the food varies, but I find pancit and sauteed greens to be safe options. Too many mock meat dishes, which I can do without. Still, five stars for convenience and pricing!

Pros: Super convenient location, Cheap
Cons: Confusing pricing, Drinks and desserts are on the junk side

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Bodhi - SM Makati: