Vegan restaurant/bar serving food and a variety of alcoholic drinks including cocktails, wine and beer. Tavern atmosphere, opened Dec 2013. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, Western, Beer/Wine
Ligsalzstrasse 23 (Ecke Gollierstrasse)
Munich, Germany 80339
+49-8941142458
Closed now

Mon-Sun 12:00pm-12:00am

First Review by bodhiveganmunich
mina.aphrodosia
mina.aphrodosia

very mixed experiences ...

Posted on 11 / 02 / 2014

Since I live in Munich, I always check out new vegetarian or vegan places to eat out. I was especially excited about the opening of Bodhi, because the reviews were so over-the-top. I've been there five or so times by now, and the experiences were very different each time. Some of the dishes are truly great (like the Käsespätzle or the Creme Brulee), but others are bland and boring. The service was very, very observant once, but absolutely inattentive the other times. Even when we were dining early and were the only customers the waitress ignored us for an entire hour and almost made us miss our theater show. Overall, the atmosphere is nice, but the prices are too high. I simply cannot recommend Bodhi without a VERY big BUT! because we were dissapointed by the service and food several times.

Pros: Some of the meals
Cons: no constant quality of food and service, way too expensive
Mamacita-chiquita
Mamacita-chiquita

Disappointing

Posted on 10 / 21 / 2014

When I heard, there is going to open a completely vegan restaurant, I was delighted and I really wished, it would be good.

I went there with my husband and he had the Burger, I had the most expensive dish on the menu (over 20€), I can´t even remember what it was because there was no taste. It was just warm, nothing more.
My husbands burger was bland and boring.

Could have been dishes you get served on an airplane. I´m really sorry, but just being vegan is not enough.

Also I don´t like the concept of just fake someting. Fake meat, fake cheese, and so on. Why not create unique vegan dishes?

I am really sorry but I won´t go there again, it was a complete waste of money.

The staff was very friendly but that´s about the only positive thing I can say.

Pros: friendly staff
Cons: bland and boring food, expensive
globaldude
globaldude

Ausgezeichnet

Posted on 10 / 05 / 2014

Wir haben die Käsespätzle und Steak bestellt. Fast so gut wie die echte Speisen.

AndyDavies
AndyDavies

Brilliant vegan restaurant

Posted on 08 / 19 / 2014

This place is superb. The menu tries to have a traditional German feel to it, but has a lot of variety. Everything we had was really nice. The service was great too. Well worth visiting.

Pros: Great food
Iheartbeets
Iheartbeets

Amazing German-style food!

Posted on 08 / 01 / 2014

It difficult to find German-style vegan food, but thankfully, we found Bodhi while staying in Munich! This place is a little off the beaten path but well worth the extra few minutes to get there. This gem of a restaurant is very cute and has wonderful staff who helped us to translate the menu from German. I had a vegan spaetzle! I swear, you would never know it was vegan-- it was so creamy and rich! My boyfriend had a pasta dish with eggplant and cranberries that was also great and we shared a gazpacho soup for an appetizer. Way too much food for dinner, but it was all amazing! I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for the real German-food experience without all of the meat and dairy! Can't wait to go back next time we are in Munich!

IanEiloart
IanEiloart

Good vegan takes on traditional Bavarian food.

Posted on 07 / 06 / 2014

We visited late on a Sunday evening, while waiting to change trains: the restaurant is 15 minutes walk from the station. I had Schnitzel and Potato Salad. My wife, a potato connoisseur loved that potato salad, and wished she'd ordered that, though the salad that she'd ordered was also good.

I had a panna cotta, because I've never had one before. My wife reckoned that it was a good panna cotta, as far as panna cotta goes: but we agreed that we don't really see the attraction.

Very friendly service: we really enjoyed our meal.

They don't take credit cards, but will point you in the direction of a nearby ATM!

Pros: Al fresco, all vegan dining., Good vegan takes on Bavarian dishes.
Cons: Bavarian food isn't the most attractive.
maggles
maggles

Best Vegan Food I've Ever Had!!!

Posted on 06 / 23 / 2014

AMAZING. If you are in Munich, and you don't eat here, you are INSANE because it is not only the best meal I've had while traveling through Germany, it's probably the best vegan food I've had at a restaurant, hands-down.

I ordered the soy roulade and my friend got the "kaese" spaetzle. Both were incredibly delicious. I wish I could go back to Munich, if only to eat at this place again!!!

Pros: delicious, amazing food, friendly and helpful staff
Cons: a bit pricey
SarahBaker
SarahBaker

I got to have Schnitzel!!!

Posted on 06 / 13 / 2014

The vegan schnitel was amazing! I didn't think I would find any. It was nice and crispy. The potato salad was delightfully mustardy. The tartar sauce like dip was so good, too. This was like a pub and has probably been my favorite place in Munich for dinner.

DylanPalmer
DylanPalmer

Excellence!

Posted on 06 / 09 / 2014

My wife and I stopped by this place for dinner and had an absolutely excellent experience! Completely vegan with fantastic flavor! The price was very reasonable and the staff were all extremely friendly! The atmosphere was very calm and relaxing and they had a HUGE pepper grinder that isn't just for show; the waitress chuckled at the expression of excitement on my face as I used it!!! This place is a MUST for anybody, vegan or not, traveling to, or living in, the Munich area!

Pros: The friendly, beautiful staff,, The food,, The GIANT pepper grinder!
Sterling
Sterling

Mid Level

Posted on 04 / 29 / 2014

I was there for two times now.

I very much liked the idea of a vegan restaurant where I can take my parents, a down to earth location with beer available ;) .

The staff was very nice both times!

The starters are way to big to be called starters, why call them starters?
I tasted 9 courses. (Soups, Salads, Main Dishes, Deserts)

The food is just plain boring.
The one meal I recommend is Soy-Roulade with red cabbage, traditional dumpling and gravy. It's a fake version of a very traditional meal and if you miss that you should totally order it.

But for the rest, I simply cannot take my parents there and not because of Bodhi being vegan (which might frighten some non vegans) but because the food is average at best.

The biggest disappointment was a brownie for desert. It was completely dry. I shared it with a friend and after the first bite we decided not to finish it.

I'd be very happy if the food changes and will go there again just to see if it does.
And I'd be very happy to update this review if it does.

Pros: vegan, nice staff
Cons: average food at best
JamesAustinBlanton
JamesAustinBlanton

Charming and Delightful

Posted on 01 / 31 / 2014

Wonderful food and service. Our waitress was very helpful and sweet. The food was delicious. Doesn't get much better than this.

TwoDans
TwoDans

Deutchalicious!

Posted on 01 / 12 / 2014

We sought out Bodhi for dinner after reading the fabulous reviews on Happy Cow and Bodhi didn't disappoint!

It looks like a 'normal' German pub but is entirely vegan. The staff are super friendly and we had great difficulty choosing from the extensive menu of german vegan fare. After the agony we settled on a smoked tofu pflammkuchen and a tofu roulade served with a rich gravy, potato knödel and sautéed red cabbage; traditional german dishes that we never dreamed we could eat. Wow! Really tasty.

For dessert, we lashed out on the chocolate mousse; one ball each of white and dark chocolate mousse brought together by a raspberry coulis. Divine!

Go there and fill your face with amazing german vegan food!

Pros: lots of choice, casual, comfortable atmosphere, good portion sizes
claudigoesvegan
claudigoesvegan

Peace, Love and Bodhi

Posted on 12 / 28 / 2013

The vegan "HAVE TO visit and hang around"-place in Munich.
You will LOVE it, because they serve typical german food like "Roulade", "Knödel", "Blaukraut" or "Käsespätzle" - and every meal is vegan! Don't hesitate to visit Bodhi with your omnivore friends, I'm sure they'll love it, too.

I (born and living in Munich) am so happy to have found a place that combines vegan food with our well known "Kneipen"-Feeling.

EVERYTHING tastes delicious!!! I'm not kidding - I would eat any dish from the menu and I always have problems choosing one (or two, or three,...) :-)

The staff is really great. Living vegan they are able to help the guests by making the right choice what to eat (which isn't easy at Bodhi!).

I've found my new local, could be there for hours - and I am sure you will enjoy your stay at Bodhi, too!!! Take your time, order a original munich beer, relax, lay back and listen to their unmistakable sound!

For some images feel free to visit my blogpost:

Pros: Food, Location, Staff
SandraSchwobi
SandraSchwobi

Fantastic!

Posted on 12 / 27 / 2013

Absolutely fantastic restaurant with delicious food, nice and caring staff and easygoing atmosphere. The prices are, considering the portions and quality, very fair and the service is quick. Great music and ambience as well, good to hang out only for drinks and meeting locals, too.

Guest
Guest

Best Bavarian and International Food and Drinks!

Posted on 12 / 27 / 2013

In the very heart of Munich and 5 minutes walking distance to the legendary Theresienwiese, where the Oktoberfest is stated is the location of the new vegan restaurant bodhi. You can reach the place (Ligsalzstrasse 23)via Subway (U4/U5, Station "Schwanthalerhöhe"), just 2 stations from the Central Station "Hauptbahnhof".
Typically bavarian food and international Burgers or Pasta is waiting for you here. Enjoy it with delicious bavarian beer or a cocktail in the cozy and relaxed atmosphere of the restaurant. Prices are moderate and you have a english-speaking, young team taking care of you! Open daily with open end!Further informations on

Pros: Moderate prices, freshly made food, Huge variety of beer, cocktails, whiskys, English speaking, young local staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Bodhi: