Vegetarian Vietnamese food menu. Peaceful atmosphere with wi-fi, established Dec 2012. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Vietnamese, Asian, Take-out

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by spizyxoxo
vegankiddo
vegankiddo

Like good vegan Vietnamese street food

Posted on 02 / 07 / 2014

This place kind of reminds me of Vietnamese street food in vegan form. I had the drumsticks, which were unexpectedly breaded, but were served with fresh jalapeno slices and do chua along with a sweet and sour dipping sauce. The drumsticks had some flavor that I didn't particularly love, but there were okay. For my entree, I had a noodle bowl that is basically like bun bi, or spring roll noodles, without the spring rolls. That was pretty good, and my friend like her bun hue noodle soup. Overall, not too bad and feels like authentic Vietnamese street food.

Groveey

larryabailey
larryabailey

Yea, Yea, Yea!

Posted on 09 / 16 / 2013

Yea! Yea! Yea! There is another reasonably priced, great vegan Vietnamese restaurant in Sacramento with many gluten free delights and great flavored items on the menu! My very happy and humble blessing to Buddha! I ordered the ‘Quang Style Noodles’ and my partner ordered ‘The seven Treasures’; both were fantastic. I just love those combinations of flavors that only the Vietnamese seem to be able to produce. AND, the owners are absolutely delightful to talk to and helpful with the menu.
All in all the meal was a very pleasant surprise and we will be going back (although I was a little embarrassed on the speed my partner put away the meal).

On a side note: "Bodhi" is a Sanskrit word that means "awakened" or "enlightenment". The Bodhi tree was so named because the Buddha attained the awakened state or enlightenment under its spreading canopy.

Pros: Fantastic Food Flavors, Very Friendly Staff and Owners, Competitive Priced!
Cons: There should be more of them.

spizyxoxo
spizyxoxo

Good vegan food in Florin area

Posted on 07 / 07 / 2013

We've been here a few times and the food has been consistently good/great. The service goes above and beyond to greet us and inform us of their dishes. Our personal favorites are the Compassionate Bao (vegan duck with buns) and Pho (traditional soup). There are a few items on the menu that aren't vegan, so be sure to ask your server.

Pros: cheap, large portions, very friendly service
Cons: not all vegan, not the best area

Dear Owner and Manager of Bodhi Bowl: