Bob's Kitchen

Vegetarian restaurant located near Arts et Metiers metro station, opened since 2010. Offers lunch and Sunday brunch options. Fast service. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Western, British, Juice bar, Take-out
74, Rue des Gravilliers (Rue de Turbigo)
Paris, France 75003

Open Mon-Fri 8am-3pm, Sat-Sun 10am-4pm.

• Cash only

First Review by PhilippeNicolitch
SoniaS
SoniaS

Not very impressive, but will do.

3 Posted on 05 / 13 / 2013

I went there for a Sunday brunch with my boyfriend. I found that the place was more like a cantine, not like a café/restaurant. It wasn't very cozy or homey, and I didn't think their menus were super creative or varied. My boyfriend had an avocado bagel, and I had pancakes with berries. I found the pancakes a bit mushy, but it was a big and filling portion. My boyfriend liked the sandwich, but he said it didn't feel like a real brunch, and overall I agree.

The juice was great, though, and the staff was very friendly. They seemed to be fluent in English and they were helpful and nice. The place has potential, but the atmosphere wasn't really my kind of thing. I prefer cozy, homey and parisian cafés and restaurants. This didn't have that feel to it. Also, it feels like the place is hidden in an alleyway and it didn't have a sign or anything so we had to check three or four times before we realized that it was the right place.

Pros: Friendly staff, Nice juicebar
Cons: Menu not impressive, Not very cozy
Yummy U
Yummy U

• fruititarian

A casual lunch place!

4 Posted on 12 / 28 / 2012

I have been here several times. I love their Maki with a whole wheet rice and the warm salad. If they have more vegan options, I would go every day!

chicintelligente
chicintelligente

Okay, but Nothing Special.

3 Posted on 07 / 16 / 2012

This is a nice little place, which serves healthy food in lunch-sized portions. I had the veggie stew, which was made out of fresh, good quality ingredients but was on the whole rather uninspiring: a few leaves of salad with some rather bland roasted veggies and a bit of guacamole. They also have bagels, if you like those. The crepes, galettes, and muffins were not vegan, though the waitress pointed out that occasionally they have a vegan dessert.

I think that this place is a nice spot for tourists seeking home-style food, but it does not make sense if you have your own place/ your own kitchen in Paris. If anything, I would just return for a fresh-pressed juice.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Relaxed Atmosphere
Cons: Location, Limited Vegan Options, Small Portions
elizabet
elizabet

Simple. Fresh. Vegan-friendly.

4 Posted on 07 / 08 / 2012

We visited here twice in September 2011. Fresh juices. Amazing quinoa salad. Bagels with vegan spreads. We really liked the food. Simple and vegan friendly. (Super nice, English-speaking staff, too.)

We arrived later in the day (an hour before they closed) and they were out of some daily specials. (To be expected.)

The space is small, comfortable, clean and stylish. I recommend!

Pros: fresh, healthy cuisine, clean
Cons: closes mid-afternoon, small
Charlie Towey
Charlie Towey

Great Place

5 Posted on 05 / 09 / 2011

We are a family of 6 and live in america and came to paris for vacation. We all loved it ,and have been vegan for 2 yrs .Our uncle and aunt came with us for lunch and all highly recomned this lovely place. Become vegan and enjoy being at that GREAT PLACE.

Pros: well set up, couldn 't be better, loved it
Cons: great stuff , nice food, lovely
meagan
meagan

Sunday Brunch

3 Posted on 12 / 26 / 2010

We ate here for Sunday brunch just before Christmas. I had been looking forward to it for days before. The place is tiny, so I would recommend getting here early to get a seat at one of the communal tables. We ordered the avocado and bean spread bagel sandwich, and pancakes with red fruit. It was tasty, but a bit pricey. There is free tea and delicious bread on all the tables for everyone. My one complaint would be that the menu seemed a tad limited. Hope to see more options in the future!

Pros: communal tables, free tea, brunch!
Cons: limited menu
dianec
dianec

Loved it

5 Posted on 11 / 18 / 2010

We first went for a Sunday brunch. The place was packed but they found room for us. The staff spoke English and were very helpful in pointing us to vegan selections. We also had lunch their twice. The veggie stew was great, it had a grain, vegetable and salad. The juices were good. The desserts were also good. We met Bob and he was very friendly and helpful. The prices are reasonable for Paris and the vegetables aren't overcooked as in most of the vegetarian restaurants we ate at.

Pros: good value, great service, english friendly
Cons: not open for dinner
yellowwwbird
yellowwwbird

no go for vegans

2 Posted on 09 / 25 / 2010

This place is not very vegan friendly. I asked what was vegan, the staff offered me pancakes. When I asked what was in them they made mention of eggs.
I told them this isn't vegan & walked out.

They aren't doing anything different, I wouldn't waste your time.

Pros: none
Cons: not, vegan, friendly
GreenFinchy
GreenFinchy

Bob's on holiday!

2 Posted on 08 / 30 / 2010

We were really disappointed that Bob's was closed for summer vacation when we visited (28 August). It's common for family businesses to close for a few weeks in August for holiday so be warned if you are planning to travel in August, they re-open early September.

Menu looked great, will look it up another time!

Pros: easy to find
Cons: closed for some of August due to holiday
jmw5577
jmw5577

Small selection for vegans, but very tasty!

4 Posted on 07 / 05 / 2010

This was a very sweet little place with friendly staff but a small selection of vegan food. We got a vegetable stew without rice (because the rice had honey in it for some reason). It was delicious and very flavourful, but without rice it wasn't quite a complete and filling meal. On the plus side, the waiter was very helpful in explaining our options and making sure we were happy with our meal and had enough time to eat without feeling rushed. It was a pleasant experience, but vegans will likely want more choices.

Pros: Reasonable prices, Friendly staff, Good food
Cons: Limited vegan selection
mininoam
mininoam

Perfect if you have time

5 Posted on 05 / 25 / 2010

I was very reluctant to go there as it is in a fashionable part of town (le Marais) and i was worried about the bobo and hipster crowd. I went there to brunch with two other people and while we had to wait a bit to get seated (as the place was packed), it was worth it. First of all, the waiters are nice and friendly, happy to accommodate you and veganize any drinks of item on the menu (if possible). The atmosphere is so relaxing and the food is delicious. The dishes are inspired by raw food techniques, and the plates are colorful. Everything we tasted was delicious (a salad, their pancakes, the veggie burger). Be ready to splurge a little, as everything looks so good. Also don't expect a fast service.

I just wish they develop their menu to offer more delicious treats.

estefinparis
estefinparis

Very informal (albeit pricey) veg in the Marais

3 Posted on 04 / 30 / 2010

Bob's Kitchen is a small, very casual restaurant where you will share your table with other guests, use kitchen roll instead of napkins and get your fruit juice in a plastic glass (what a shame!). The menu is not very extensive, including only soup, a couple of salads, veggie stew, veggie burger, veggie futomaki, porridge, muesli, apple pie, cookies, muffins and a couple other items, as well as juices and smoothies. The food is good and the prices in line with the Marais area, i.e., expensive (two veggie burgers, two small fruit juices and a cup of mint tea for 34 euro). Water and a pot of herbal tea provided free of charge on each table.

Open Monday to Friday from 8 to 15 and weekends 10 to 16, it's a good option for a veggie snack if you are in the area.

PhilippeNicolitch
PhilippeNicolitch

Great brunch with vegan options

4 Posted on 03 / 14 / 2010

We went for brunch last Sunday. The small restaurant was packed. We opted for a delicious vegan sandwich, a curry of the day and a smoothie. Everything was tasty and we really enjoyed our meal. The service is friendly and fast. We'll definitely go back.
Perhaps a suggestion... Please use Agave syrup instead of honey in the dressing to make the Nori roll available to vegans. Thank you!

Pros: Location, Staff friendliness, Good food and smoothies
Cons: Honey in the dressing

Dear Owner and Manager of Bob's Kitchen: