Bobenček is a small place offering a few daily meals like pasta, falafel, seitan tortilla, veggie kebab. Has salad and smoothies. Located close to the tourist area. Previously named Piknik but not to be confused/not affiliated. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Slovenian, Western, Take-out

kumovic
kumovic

Nice Small Restaurant In Veg. Friendly Street

Posted on 01 / 12 / 2015

Nice restaurant in interesting and vegetarian friendly street. A lot of food options for a small place. Tasty seitan kebab. Veg burek is ok, but too much garlic. Stuff is friendly, the place is very busy, location is excellent.

Pros: Tasty seitan kebab, Friendly stuff, Busy restaurant
Cons: Needs a kitchen smell eliminator
plylas
plylas

Best vegan place in Ljubljana

Posted on 12 / 27 / 2014

I stumbled across this gem on the way to the main square and as soon as I walked in, I knew I found my eatery for the next 3 days. Over that time I had the tofu sandwich, curry soup, falafel wrap, bolognese, a smoothie, and an avocado sandwich.
Nothing disappointed, the service was fast and friendly, the prices were cheap and they always looking to make you feel more comfortable. There's only 1 table but in 3 sit down visits it was never an issue. I'd eat there every week if I lived in Ljubljana.

Pros: delicious food, prices, location
Ryecatcher
Ryecatcher

Best value

Posted on 11 / 04 / 2014

As from the first moment I stepped inside, I felt comfortable. Really nice and really cozy small venue!
I had a great risotto, a fair smoothie and a great cookie, all tasty and best-value.
The waitstaff was friendly, so was the small white dog watching the bar.
Unfortunately there is only one table inside; there are a small bar with two stools and an outdoor seating option though.
I would go there daily if I were living in Ljubljana.

Pros: very cozy!, best value, big menu
Cons: not much space

bencamps
bencamps

Small Place, Big Menu!

Posted on 10 / 10 / 2014

Visited on 04/10/14. We both had vegi kebabs, these contain ​​seitan, a great salad and good sauces. €3.80 each and worth every penny. Ate them in Tivoli park, really tasty :) It was difficult to decide what to eat, the menu is really big and everything sounded amazing!

Anyaaa
Anyaaa

Bobencek

Posted on 09 / 03 / 2014

The sandwiches are really good, there are lots of options (vegan meat, cheese, vegetable...), I also tried falafel which is very tasty and the smoothies are also very good. The price is very good.

Pros: Inexpensive, Tasty food
Cons: Small place
LiviaMvanHeerde
LiviaMvanHeerde

Nice take away!

Posted on 07 / 14 / 2014

I bought a falafel wrap and a banana-strawberry-vanilla smoothie. Both was really good (I really recommend those 2) and not expensive. This little store is perfect for a take away snack. My friends bought another smoothie (vitamin, which was okay) and an avocado sand which (was okay too). The waitress was a little grumpy and unfriendly which annoyed me a bit but I would definitely come again!

Pros: price, taste
Cons: staff, not comfortable to sit in
scratchgrey
scratchgrey

Great good, even better price

Posted on 04 / 11 / 2014

Good selection of hot food, salads and amazing biscuits. All 100% vegan and very good price too. Location is easy to find.

Pros: Good selection, Cheap, Friendly staff
Cons: No toilet, Limited seating
Healthspomodel
Healthspomodel

Delicious and very inexpensive

Posted on 03 / 15 / 2014

Very nice little restaurant, 2 min from Preseren square, offers many different dishes, everything take-out possible. My favorite vegan restaurant in Ljubljana!

Pros: cheap for students, generous portions, in city centre
Cons: only one table
Veganmaniac
Veganmaniac

Small restaurant near the center

Posted on 01 / 04 / 2014

One great thing about traveling in Ljubljana is many vegan and veg-friendly restaurants are located on Trubarjeva street near the city center. Piknik is a small vegan outlet with a wide variety of vegan sandwiches, soups, smoothies, etc. I had a hot lentil soup with a bread. It was tasty and filling. The smoothies are great as well, but I found them to be a little pricey - Euros 2.5 for a small glass. I didn't like the veganized Burek. The staff is friendly and speak English.

Pros: Diverse options of sandwiches, smoothies, Student discount, English speaking staff
Cons: Tiny restaurant, No toilet
mazin
mazin

New Veggie Restaurant in Ljubljana

Posted on 09 / 11 / 2013

Piknik is a very small veggie restaurant located right in the heart of Ljubljana. The selection is surprisingly good for such a small place and the food was delicious. There are a number of vegan options and it is open later than the few other veggie places nearby. The owner is very friendly and helpful.

Pros: Delicious, Wide selection, Open relatively late
Cons: Small quarters; very little room to sit
Maruda
Maruda

good food, friendly people

Posted on 09 / 11 / 2013

I found this restaurant by chance as I was on my way to another restaurant. The restaurant is small, but you can sit and eat there. I did try the vegan Kebab, very good and the next day, try the Rainbow Risotto. I was very pleased with the food. I should as well mention that the cooker is very friendly and we had long chat, very pleasant.

Pros: price, close to the city center, friendly

Dear Owner and Manager of Bobencek: