Blue Sky Cafe

Serves meat, veg options available. A breakfast, lunch, and coffee place that accommodates vegan diets. In addition to the vegan options listed on the menu, staff will substitute tofu for eggs in the egg dishes. Example: replace eggs with tofu in the Santa Fe Huevos. Large selection of smoothies, fresh juices, and coffee drinks with soy milk available. Uses biodegradable carry out containers and utensils. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Jeff M
HappyCowKeown
HappyCowKeown

New favorite place for brunch!

4 Posted on 05 / 18 / 2014

I ate here with 2 non-vegheads and we all enjoyed our food. I had the vegan salad with tofu which was colorful, fresh and yummy. They even made it 'oil free' for me - gotta love a helpful chef! Plenty of appetite-satisfying vegan options on the menu. Next time I will bring the family....YUM!

Pros: Fresh & colorful food, helpful chef
Cons: busy!
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

Great discovery

4 Posted on 05 / 25 / 2013

We had Sunday brunch at this beautiful restaurant. The scrambled tofu and vegetables, while not the best I've had, was quite good. The home fries were thin-sliced, with a texture reminiscent of scalloped potatoes - unusual but very good. The hot tea was excellent.

I was a bit disappointed that they did not offer me bread; I assume their bread offerings are not Vegan, but surely this would be easy to fix? On the positive side, I was glad they did not try to pass off something non-Vegan as Vegan. We also noticed that their coffee bar drinks are extremely pricey. The tea wasn't so bad, but at around $5 a pop, we were afraid to try a chai or cappuccino.

I have also been to a yoga class here. The instructor was friendly and helpful, and unlike many yoga classes I've attended, this one was a good level and pace for beginners.

I look forward to going back.

Pros: Good portions and good quality, Great location in western suburbs!
Cons: Drinks are very pricey
Jeff M
Jeff M

Best place for breakfast in the west metro area

4 Posted on 09 / 04 / 2012

This is the place to go for breakfast in the west Denver metro area. Blue Sky is a super friendly and clean cafe and coffee/juice bar that serves some great food. They do serve meat, but they are also very accommodating for gluten free, veg, and vegan diets. Tofu can be substituted for pretty much any egg dish. My favorites are the vegan tofu scramble, the sesame ginger tofu, and the Santa Fe juevos without dairy and tofu instead of egg.

The other interesting thing about this place is that the restaurant turns into a yoga studio at night.

Pros: friendly staff, delicious food
Cons: serves meat, egg, and dairy

Dear Owner and Manager of Blue Sky Cafe: