Blue Nile East African...

Serves meat, veg options available. Ethiopian food for dining only. Menu includes several vegetarian main entrees plus a vegetarian combo. Buffet or a la carte. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ethiopian, African, Buffet, Non-veg

First Review by CLRtraveller
Jalebi Boy
Jalebi Boy

A Long-time Victoria Favourite

4 Posted on 05 / 24 / 2013

This is one of my favourite places to eat in Victoria. We eat whatever vegan is on the buffet, which is usually about 5 items. My favourite is the spicy, red-ish lentil dish. You can go up several times, so if you have a good appetite, it's also a good choice to eat here (15 dollars for the buffet or you order the vegetarian combo). The hosts are friendly. My partner's workplace had their holiday dinner and party here one year, which was tight for space but for sure a success.
Keep in mind it's not open for lunch and not at all on Monday.
By the way, if you like Ethiopian food, you will want to try Messob at 1109 McKenzie Street in Cook Street Village in Victoria. It's also dandy and they have a vegetarian combo.

Pros: tasty, buffet , friendly
Cons: not open at lunch, not so centrally located
tejasjjain
tejasjjain

Food was OK but still a good vegan option

3 Posted on 07 / 24 / 2012

Good customer service.
We asked them if kids can get pizza from nearby place and they agreed to it. This was huge help to us.

We were very Hungary so we liked food. But when I asked my friends again to go there, they said.
Food was not fresh ( all the lentil based stuff was prepared and then frozen and defrosted)
This may be standard practice but they should have managed it better.
For once in a while, this was good option but it would have been nice to see more green/fresh veggie option

jagreene3
jagreene3

love this place

4 Posted on 07 / 12 / 2010

Lovely food & atmosphere. Buffet with many veg options - lentils, chick peas, & veggies prepared with trad spices. Very nice injera as well. Only thing I miss are the garlicky collard greens that I've had at other Ethiopian/Eritrean restaurants.

Pros: tasty, buffet, variety of veg offerings
Cons: no collards, a bit pricey
CLRtraveller
CLRtraveller

good value

4 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2009

Menu items plus a small buffet, half of which is vegan, which provides a hearty, tasty meal, since you can go back for more. Can be quite spicy. Friendly service.

Pros: nice service

Dear Owner and Manager of Blue Nile East African Restaurant: