Serves meat, veg options available. Northern Chinese and Taiwanese food restaurant. Some menu items are marked vegan, and most of the vegetarian options are vegan. Some bubble teas can be made vegan by requesting soymilk. Veg options including tofu with sweet and spicy sauce, veggie dumplings, scallion biscuit, lettuce wraps, eggplant and tofu pockets, sesame balls (vegan) and more. Most dishes available with tofu. Closed Sunday. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Taiwanese, Non-veg
1803 W 39th St (Bell)
Kansas City, Missouri 64111
816-561-5003

Call for hours - tell us

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Prose
swhyte2020
swhyte2020

Great meals

4 Posted on 03 / 27 / 2014

The menu items are clearly marked vegetarian/vegan. You can also ask if you are unsure.

I got the vegan ants on a tree, and it was super!! The bubble tea is ok, not fantastic, LOTS of tapioca bubbles. I got the mango kind. The portion sizes were huge. Enough for my lunch, and then leftovers for my dinner that night.

It was rather busy, but we didn't have to wait long. It has a homey atmosphere and the workers are very nice.

I definitely enjoyed myself!

Pros: Lots of veg options, Big portions, Tasty food
Cons: Can get busy, Small space
Smallu
Smallu

LOVE Blue Koi

4 Posted on 12 / 14 / 2013

This place is mecca for vegans. All kinds of vegan-friendly food. I usually load up on starters: dumplings, crispy tofu and lettuce wraps. The Midtown restaurant is very large and welcoming, the food is amazing and the service is very friendly.

Pros: Friendly staff, Affordable, Excellent food
Cons: Serves meat
vegan_ryan
vegan_ryan

One of the best places I've ever eaten

4 Posted on 07 / 02 / 2012

This place is great. If they didn't serve meat, I'd say they were my favorite restaurant of all time.

The staff is very knowledgeable of veganism, the owners actually understand veganism (rather than guessing and getting it wrong, like I've seen other restaurants do). Several items on the menu have 'vegan' in the name, and most of the vegetarian options are vegan.

Many of the menu items come with a description of the dish and then say to choose tofu/chicken/beef.

I highly recommend the scallion biscuit, the crispy tofu with spicy awesome sauce (that's really the name) and the vegetarian lettuce wraps. But really, I've never had anything here I didn't like.

These are also the same owners as the Genghis Khan Mongolian BBQ around the corner.

Pros: Clearly marked 'vegan' items, Knowledgeable staff
Cons: Long waits on weekends, Serves meat

JenK6
JenK6

Very Accommodating

4 Posted on 08 / 25 / 2011

This place had wonderful service and food. The waitress was very helpful in checking on items to make sure they were animal ingredient free. She didn't even blink when I said I was vegan. She was also very accommodating in providing substitutions for my mother's food allergies. I ordered the fried vegetarian dumplings, which were pretty good. I ordered the Tofu with Black Bean Sauce as an entree and is was absolutely delicious! Not heavy or greasy like a lot of Chinese/Asian food. The atmosphere is pretty casual and a little noisy from the kitchen.

Pros: Excellent Waitstaff, Delicious Food, Quick Service
Prose
Prose

A Real Gem

4 Posted on 04 / 01 / 2010

This is one of the best restaurants in town. They have plenty of vegan choices and even offer a gluten-free menu. The Fried Tofu with Awesome Sauce is beloved even by devout meat-eaters. The Eggplant Pockets, Lettuce Wraps, and Dumplings are all outstanding. Sometimes I make a meal of several appetizers. However, the Tofu with Shitake Mushrooms and the Vegan Delight are very tempting entrees. They even have vegan Sesame Balls for dessert! The service is always impeccable, and the modern decor is quite appealing. I highly recommend this place!

Pros: Fantastic Food!, Great Service, Cool Ambience
Cons: A Little Pricey (but totally worth it)

Dear Owner and Manager of Blue Koi: