Blue Ice Gelaterie

Dairy ice cream parlor with locations in Rome. This place offers several flavors of sorbet that are vegan suitable and clearly marked up. Has vegan ice cream. Costs 2-6 euro per tub. more-less
Piazza sant Eustachio, 47

aisteve_
aisteve_

Very good!

4 Posted on 07 / 03 / 2014

Visited it quite a lot because i was sure they have vegan options. They had 4 different flavors with soy milk: pistachio, hazelnut, chocolate and vanilla(as far as i remember). Hazelnut was definately THE BEST! They also had fruit gelato which did not contain animal products either. I really enjoyed my trip and this was one of the reasons why!

P.S. Blue ice gelaterie has many more shops all around Rome. There is one near Trevi fountain and St. Peter's Basilica. I also visited one just wandering somewhere in the streets of Rome so i can't exactly remember the location. Sometimes the smaller ones didn't have all of the soy flavors i mentioned but they always had at least two of them.

Pros: Lots of options, soy-free gelato
vegan_ryan
vegan_ryan

Friendly, small shop with vegan gelato

3 Posted on 12 / 16 / 2013

This place was nice and friendly, serving a handful of vegan flavors of gelato.

I'd definitely go again.

Pros: Vegan gelato
MikeBlackboards
MikeBlackboards

Brilliant Soya Ice Cream

5 Posted on 12 / 03 / 2013

I guess this is kind of a chain store in Italy, or at least Rome, as once we'd spotted one we started seeing them everywhere. Anyway for 3 euros you get a massive ice cream with 5 or 6 flavours of soya ice cream to choose from. The pistachio was brilliant, and the chocolate was one of the nicest ice creams I've ever eaten, dairy, soya or otherwise.

Pros: Lots Of Them , Choice Of Vegan Ice Creams
Cons: Possibly A Large Chain, Maybe Not So Good For The
akanne
akanne

Ok Gellateria

3 Posted on 10 / 21 / 2013

I was no impressed with these gellateria at all. Because it's a chain, you find the same type of gellatos at all of them and are limited to only 2 or 3 soy flavors.
Service was ok at some of them and they had some rude servers at other stores.

Now, my hesitation about Soy at these gellaterias is whether the soy milk is actually vegan or not. As all good vegans know, not all soy milk is vegan. I went to a super market in Rome and I found Soy Milk. When I read the ingredients, I noticed that they had mono and diglycerides.(I would doubt Italians would use plant base emulsifiers when animal fat is so readily available) Then, is it possible that it's only that particular soy Milk? Has anyone confirm with these gellaterias that their soy milk doesn't have those ingredients? After what I read at the market, I kept away from soy gellatos and kept eating water base stuff, Fragola sorbets were so delicious!

Pros: Availability
Cons: Rude service, Price, lack of veriety
Marco Vegano
Marco Vegano

Vegan gelatos and sorbets!

5 Posted on 09 / 14 / 2013

Delicious and creamy vegan soy-based gelatos. Hazelnut (nocciola) flavour was awesome. I didn't try the sorbets but I noticed there were several which were all vegan.

MeaganPalmer
MeaganPalmer

Best vegan ice cream I've had in Europe!

4 Posted on 03 / 24 / 2013

We went to two places on our trip to Rome and this place had by far the best soya ice cream between the two. I had the hazelnut and chocolate and wish we could have eaten there more days. Unfrotunately,they had been closed for holiday every other time we went by. I just wish we had this place in Copenhagen!

Pros: excellent full flavors, cheap, delicious
Cons: wasn't open so often
salilona
salilona

Very creamy, very tasful soy gelato!

4 Posted on 08 / 29 / 2012

The texture of their soy gelato is just perfect: chocolate & hazelnut very creamy, coconut with bits of the fruit. And the flavour, among the best I tried in Rome so far!! :-))
There are several locations in Rome, so check out their website and mark your tour map. ;-)

Pros: creamy and tasteful soy gelato, several locations in Rome
Cons: not all their stores offer same variety
Clafoutis
Clafoutis

Vegan ice cream!

4 Posted on 08 / 03 / 2012

Delicious soya ice cream... Visited several Blue Ice locations over a warm October weekend, and found the hazelnut and pistachio soya ice cream to be the best flavours. Just delicious! Sorbet, especially melon, is great but wonderful for vegans to have the ice cream option so easily out on the street in Italy.

Pros: Vegan ice cream!, Multiple locations, Variety of flavours
Guest
Guest

Great Find

5 Posted on 07 / 14 / 2012

Great spots throughout Rome, mostly found near the tourist destinations. There is one right near Trevi Fountain, one near Piazza Navona, etc. Don't forget to ask for the soy whip cream on your gelato.

Sprout
Sprout

good selection, central location

4 Posted on 06 / 23 / 2012

This was located right by the Pantheon and offered several vegan options. We ate a lot of gelato and sorbetto in Italy, so some of it blurs together, and I don't remember which flavors I had here. I do remember that it was tasty and I would recommend stopping in while you're in Rome!

Pros: plenty of vegan options
SnuggleBear
SnuggleBear

These are all over Rome

4 Posted on 06 / 23 / 2012

If you are touring the sites of Rome, you are likely to be doing it walking and in the warm weather. The Blue Ice locations are very pleasant to have nearby. Great variety of good-tasting soy gelato options. The location mentioned here is RIGHT NEXT DOOR to the Pantheon!

Pros: Good Options, Multiple Locations
cosmo67
cosmo67

Yummy ice-cream!

4 Posted on 05 / 07 / 2012

I found quite some Blue Ice ice cream parlors in the centre of Rome easily identified by their big blue-yellow signs. They do have a large variety of different flavours with a handful soy variants (choco, vanilla, nut), some of the fruit ice cream is also vegan, but I had to ask the staff since it's not posted. The cups come in different sizes, price varies from 2,50 EUR to 5 EUR - I always took the 3 EUR cup (you can choose 3 flavours with it). Often the staff would add a huuuge scoop on top of the cup so that I really got a big portion...

Pros: Vegan options, Large variety
PhilippeNicolitch
PhilippeNicolitch

Soy Gelati to die for!!!

4 Posted on 09 / 17 / 2011

Having the pleasure to eat soy italian Gelati that are tasteful, creamy and that come in a variety of flavors: hazelnut, pistaccio, vanilla, chocolate.
There are several locations in the city. The stores are rather small, but the big blue sign above the door will help you locate them. We probably visited them about 6 times while we were there. The staff is helpful and knowledgeable with ice cream ingredients and will point out the vegan options. A real treat!

Pros: Variety of flavors, Multiple locations
bigvegan
bigvegan

lots of tasty soya gelato flavours

4 Posted on 08 / 18 / 2011

A great find. Several branches in Rome - not all have soya gelato though. options are labelled in English. Very tasty soya gelato (have sorbets too).

I saw other Gelateria offering soya options in Rome too, just keep your eyes peeled and ask everywhere (costumer pressure)!

Miggi
Miggi

12 types of vegan "Ice Cream"

4 Posted on 07 / 11 / 2011

Visited here today and found loads of vegan options. I assume the rest were vegetarian.
The coconut soya ice cream was amazing, as was the chocolate one.
They do various size tubs from 2 euros to 5 euros, and cones from 2 euros to 6 euros.
Their website lists about 10 sites in centre of Rome and 9 in outer Rome.
Fans of Soya Cornettos may also want to look in supermarkets for "Valsoia il gelato cono" which we found in the supermarket near where we are staying - a box of 4 for about 4 euros and they are nicer than the ones we can get in the UK as the cone is fully chocolate-lined and crunchy.

Vegans don't have to miss out on Italian Ice cream!

Pros: vegan, ice cream, sorbets
Cons: only about 10 branches, Valsoia cornettos even better!

Dear Owner and Manager of Blue Ice Gelaterie: