Serves meat, veg options available. Latin American cuisine with a handful of lacto-vegetarian dishes, many can be made vegan upon request, and they also offer gluten free options and beer. Cozy interior with art by local artists. Limited outdoor seating weather permitting. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Beer/Wine, Mexican, Puerto Rican, Cuban, Non-veg
9th St (/near Duke University)
Durham, North Carolina 27705

Alyannkar
Alyannkar

Surprise vegan cheese!

Posted on 05 / 14 / 2015

I was a tad iffy when I was choosing a restaurant with some of my friends while we were in Durham. We were trying to stay on one street in particular, obviously the road this restaurant is on. We ended up just sitting down outside and I was surprised when I was given the menu. There were several options that were marked as vegetarian, but they did not specify as to whether they were vegan. Because it was Mexican food, I was not as concerned as I would be otherwise. When talking to our server, she lit up when I mentioned being vegan, offering Daiya cheese at no extra cost, as well as adding guac to my order of enchiladas. She was incredibly knowledgeable, which was refreshing. Also, the food was awesome!

Pros: Knowledgeable staff, Decent food
Cons: Unclear menu
AdamDaum
AdamDaum

Highly recommended

Posted on 04 / 19 / 2012

Excellent food, nice decor, relaxed atmosphere, good value, what more could you want?

Dear Owner and Manager of Blue Corn Cafe: