Blue Bird Bistro

Serves meat, veg options available. Menu includes several veggie dishes, such as the black bean burger, green curry, tofu fries, quiona and chard. Uses local and seasonal ingredients when possible. Prices moderate to expensive. M-Sa 7am-10pm, Su 10am-2pm. Price: Expensive more-less
Ovo, LactoAmerican, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by Prose
JenK6
JenK6

They should JUST make vegan food. So, so GOOD.

4 Posted on 08 / 25 / 2011

I went here with my mom and her friend as a compromise restaurant. There's something for everyone, vegan and non-vegan. I was the only one who ordered the vegan items. Lovely atmosphere and had a wonderful waitress. I had the black bean burger, which was okay, a little on the bland side. What won me over was the corn soup, which had to be the best soup I've ever had in my life. I loved it so much I took an order to go. I also had the vegan chocolate tart, which was so rich and amazing. If I lived in KC, this would definitely be a regular place for me.

Pros: Delicious Food, Friendly Waitress, Quick Service
Cons: They aren't a veg restaurant
Prose
Prose

A Great Place to Go with Omnivores

4 Posted on 04 / 01 / 2010

This is a place where herbivores and omnivores can both be happy. I often order the tofu scramble for brunch or the veggie burger for lunch, but their changing menu offers some variety, even for vegans and those who can't have gluten. They use as many local ingredients as possible, and everything is always as fresh as can be. The service is great, and the converted mansion location is charming.

Pros: Fresh, local food, Great service, Cool ambience
Cons: Only a few vegan choices, A little pricey

Dear Owner and Manager of Blue Bird Bistro: