Vietnamese cuisine that's mostly vegan. Has selection of teas. Casual nice interior with temple vibe and wi-fi. The chef is a Buddhist nun. Close to airport Bellevue and Seattle. Operating since summer 2011. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Vietnamese, Chinese, Asian, Beer/Wine, Take-out
305 Burnett Ave S (S 3rd St, downtown)
Renton, Washington 98057
425-430-1610

Open Tue-Sun 11am-9pm.

First Review by al
kindlizard
kindlizard

not always good

3 Posted on 08 / 25 / 2014

Updated review:
Both the food and service have been inconsistent. We try to overlook it but the waiter last time lectured me on HOW to order. The time before that they took a half hour to take the full order. The entrees can run together in flavor. They market a bar down the street that serves meat. They have outdoor seating but have inappropriate objects out there for dining. Sometimes though, they can be very nice and the food is really good, but it hasn't been that way for a while seemingly.
The lecturing waiter was a bit much though. He did it twice.

Pros: good food sometimes, parking, decor
Cons: not good food sometimes, inconsistent, lecturing waiter/ absent
Jawlsable
Jawlsable

New Favorite Place

5 Posted on 05 / 20 / 2014

The food here has me surprised on how flavorful and colorful everything is. Portion size are decent and decor really sets the atmosphere for these creative dishes. Almost all vegan menu. Highly recommend by us now!

AidanMoran
AidanMoran

Absolutely Amazing

5 Posted on 12 / 01 / 2012

I was in Renton this afternoon and needed a place to eat, so I found this one on happycow. I am very glad I saw it. The food was probably one of, if not the best meals I have had in my lifetime. The atmosphere is very nice and relaxing, and their selections of tea is very good.

Their menu is very large, and includes 3 non-vegan items (they have eggs) and are clearly marked. They have many things on their menu that are "fake meat", which I personally am not a huge fan of, but they also have many options that are simply whole plant products. It annoys me a little when I go to veg*n restaurants that have almost only fake meat products. I don't like them much.

The food came out very quickly for me (that might have been because there was only 2 other people in the restaurant at the time) but I was eating within maybe 2 or 3 minutes of ordering. The tofu mini pie I had tasted absolutely amazing, the only issue is that it was a little bit cold in the center. Not too big of an issue, though. I had almost finished that when my sweet and spicy soup came out. It was filled with tofu, and tons of different vegetables/plant stuffs. I enjoyed that a lot, and although I got a small, it seemed very large.

This place is a little pricy, but it is worth the cost in my opinion. If you are in Renton and need a place to eat, this is it.

Pros: Excellent food, great atmosphere, awesome selection
Cons: little pricy, tofu mini pie a little cold in middle

Sparkledustpajamas
Sparkledustpajamas

Love eating here!

5 Posted on 06 / 18 / 2012

Blossom Vegetarian is my favorite vegan restaurant. I've dined there many times now. I've had the caramelized eggplants in a claypot. It goes superbly with the lightly seasoned brown rice. I'm not big on fake meat, but I did try out the "roasted chicken". I was curious what that would taste like. It must take time to prepare because it took a solid half hour before that entree was served. I had to pick my jaw up off the floor. It looked exactly like a roasted half chicken with skin! I was sure it wouldn't taste as good as it looked, what fake meat does? Wrong again! While the texture wasn't exactly like chicken, it was pretty darn close. And the flavor was no different than eating a chicken seasoned in Chinese five spice. It was unique, interesting, and appetizing. I'm glad I tried it, but I won't order that meal again. Fake meat is still not my favorite. I've also had the mushrooms in a clay pot. Good, but eggplant is tastier. The vegetables in puff pastry is delicious, well seasoned. I didn't care much for the tofu pie. It was too bland for my liking. I love the ambiance inside the restaurant. The splendid decor makes you feel like you are dining in a Buddhist temple. They also have a nice selection of teas. I've had the jasmine and cherry teas. Both aromatic and flavorful. I hope one day this wonderful restaurant will branch out and open a place here in Bellevue!

Pros: huge selection of meals, beautiful Asian decor, offers outdoor seating
Cons: wish they were closer
Gordon Findle
Gordon Findle

My new favorite!

5 Posted on 06 / 16 / 2012

We have been to blossom 4 times and have always loved the food and the service. 90% of the menu is VEGAN by default. Items that are not vegan are clearly marked on the menu. The atmosphere is great. We have eaten at vegan/vegetarian restaurants all over Seattle/Tacoma. This is my NEW FAVORITE!

Pros: Menu, Service, Atmosphere
hsandmb
hsandmb

Outstanding food, welcoming atmosphere

5 Posted on 04 / 11 / 2012

Made the two hour drive to Blossom on a whim, we were glad we did. We ordered the Blossom Puff Pasty and "chicken" nuggets for appetizers and found them both to be exceptional. For entrees our party of 3 ordered the "chicken" pho, the spicy beef pho, and the pan fried noodles. Each was outstanding, but the "chicken" pho was the real standout.

The staff made us feel very welcome, the restaurant was spotless yet inviting, and the service was great. No complaints, we weill be back!

Pros: Excellent Foot, Caring Staff, Clean Atmosphere/Open Kitchen
Czyzewski
Czyzewski

A real find in Renton!

5 Posted on 12 / 25 / 2011

We live in Renton and were ecstatic to hear that a vegetarian restaurant recently opened and so we had to try it out. Upon entering we could feel the peacefulness of the place and the decor does have that feeling of walking into a temple. The wait staff was very friendly and the food was excellent! The fresh spring roll appetizers were beautifully made and every dish we tried was delicioust. I love their selection of teas, most of which they blend themselves. The Mango Coconut smelled and tasted so good! We've been back with a friend and are bringing our whole family for New Year's Day .... we love this place! Our new favorite restaurant!

Pros: excellent food, vegetarian; mainly vegan, peaceful atmosphere
lee k
lee k
  • non-vegetarian

Awesome foods

5 Posted on 10 / 29 / 2011

I have been at Blossom 3 times since they opened. I always have their special Pho noodle soups. In a cold rainy day it is just great! Healthy and delicious. I will try other dishes next trip and recommend it to all my vegan friends, in facts all my friends!

Pros: healthy, tasty, good atmosphere
Cons: none
al
al

Great food, great service, and reasonable prices.

5 Posted on 10 / 22 / 2011

Blossom has only been open for 3 weeks, and I didn't even know it was there. I am told that it use to be a sushi joint, but now is reopened as a Vietnamese vegetarian restaurant.
My partner and I were in downtown Renton to see a play and decided to grab dinner before the show. We walked around to see what restaurants were around and happened to see a sandwich board for Blossom and decided to check it out. It ended up being a great discovery. The entire staff was super friendly, and you know that they genuinely appreciate your patronage. The food was absolutely delicious! We ordered the fresh rolls, mini tofu pie, and the sweet and sour "chicken." All were wonderful, but I have to say that the fresh rolls were the best I've had at any restaurant. At other places, the wrap can seem a little tough or dried out, but Blossom's were perfect. The prices are very reasonable too.
The decor and atmosphere are very nice, and it's very clean too but don't just choose to go there because of that. The food is soooooo good! Oh yeah, plenty of parking.
We'll definitely be back to try many of the other dishes. It will be worth the drive from Seattle for us.
Updated from previous review on Saturday October 22, 2011

Pros: Delicious food, Super friendly staff, Reasonable prices
Cons: None that I can think of.

Dear Owner and Manager of Blossom Vegetarian: