A 100% vegan restaurant. All food is made-in-house daily. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, International, Western, Take-out
4000 Pimlico Dr, Ste 112 (Santa Rita Rd)
Pleasanton, California 94588
925-399-5232

Open Mon, Wed-Fri 10am-9pm, Sat-Sun 11am-9pm closed Tue.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Adripaez

Best and only Vegan restaurant in the area

5 Posted on 07 / 24 / 2014

This Place is a gem great food great service. There Mock fish is really great my all time Favorite is the yum yum Vermicelli and the Tropical Sald. being the only vegan Restaurant around they have no competition i feel even if they did it would be extremely hard to top Blossoms

Pros: Service, Fresh , only 100% vegan restaurant in the area

Incredible food, great service, all vegan

5 Posted on 06 / 15 / 2014

As a family of four vegans, we had limited choices for food before Blossom opened up in Feb 2014. We were there three days after their opening and haven't stopped going since. The food is incredible. My favorites are the tropical papaya salad, with non-spicy dressing.(It is usually served with a spicy dressing). The Tofu sensation claypot with fried tofu and perfectly cooked eggplant in a garlicky sauce is heavenly.The owner adapts the spicy sweet potato curry for me by leaving out the faux chicken, adding onions and mushrooms, and making it non-spicy. It is delicious. She also makes a special pad thai for my son that is not on the menu. He swears by it, it smells great, but I can't eat it for the heat.My husband usually gets the wonton soup with steamed wontons and has them add rice noodles. It is really delicious too. The rainbow salad is very good, as are the mushu-mushu, spring rolls and pot stickers.The ginger kale is also exceptional. The kale is steamed just to wilting and we have them add tofu to it.The royal fried rice and the curry fried rice are also very good.My daughter likes the pan fried vegetable chow fun and the lettuce wraps.The lettuce wraps are really very good. They have several drinks that are worth ordering. Their thai iced tea is one of the best I've tasted. I asked the chef to recreate a drink I had at Cafe Gratitude in Santa Cruz. Won, the female chef/owner, recreated a drink you must try. Order the ginger lemonade,it's freshly squeezed lemonade made with agave that has finely grated ginger added to it and then blended with ice. It is sublime,like a grown-up zippy icee. Tart, sharp and cold, fabulous on hot summer days.They even do desserts well. Order the vegan cheesecake (I have them leave off the blueberry sauce just because I'm not a fan), the most incredible part for me is that I typically dislike cheesecake. Too sharp, dense and gummy usually for me. Not so here, this is light, fluffy and heavenly. The fried banana with vegan ice cream is killer, in fact, I think their ice creams are the best I've had anywhere. The coffee/chocolate is wonderful and the kids like the mint chip. The vanilla is also excellent.All around this is our favorite vegan restaurant. The prices are reasonable, and the food keeps you coming back regularly. My only gripe is a silly one. The bathroom paper towel dispenser is set to give a 4 inch piece. So you must stand there with wet hands waiting for the silly machine to reset itself repeatedly.

Pros: Food is incredible., Service is very good., Chef is very accommodating
Cons: Can get really noisy when crowded, Space is small and usually busy, Silly, stingy paper towel dispenser

Soy-Free Vegan

4 Posted on 03 / 23 / 2014

The wide majority of the menu consisted of soy-based dishes but I was able to find some items that worked around my soy allergy. I LOVED the Mushu Mushu (item #5), but I had to make a special order that did not have soy protein in it. The Ginger Kale (#35) was great too. I definitely plan on going back to see if there are more options for me to try, which will hopefully include dessert! If you do have an allergy, make sure you communicate with the waiter and chef! I also appreciated that their chopsticks were the metal reusable kind!

Pros: Yummy, Nutritious, Atmosphere
Cons: Limited Soy-Free Options
  • TKoch TKoch

The owner/chef can leave the tofu or soy products out of most dishes on the menu. If you like what is in the dish to start with, just ask them to omit the soy.I think the only dishes that couldn't be adapted are the few that are mostly soy, like the seaweed soy fish or the sweet orange.All the soups, salads, noodles, rice plates and vegetable dishes could be adapted.Don't be shy about asking, they really want you to be happy with what you are eating.I had my gluten intolerant daughter accommodated from their menu and they were great about it.They really appreciate customer feedback, so tell them if it's great or what you didn't like.Few chefs will remake your meal repeatedly to make it mild enough, the husband chef/owner has done it for me.All with a smile on his face, bless his heart, he is a patient man.

Only Vegan Restaurant in the Tri-Valley!

5 Posted on 03 / 10 / 2014

I took my fiance to Blossom Vegan, the first vegan restaurant in our hometown of Pleasanton of which I am aware, for Valentine's Day. It turned out to be not only our first exciting experience at the only vegan restaurant in the Tri-Valley area, but also a perfectly romantic setting for Valentine's Day. With a rose on every table, tropical murals on the walls, and even fabulous furnishings, the atmosphere of the place is downright classy.

The food was also wonderful. We started with some Mushu Mushu and ...OMG! So good! While sipping on our beverages - my fiance on the best Thai Iced Tea around, and myself on some freshly squeezed orange juice - we were served our main course - some garlic soy "beef" sauteed in BBQ and garlic sauce called The Chef's Tasty Treats, with a side of the Spicy Fried Rice. Both were excellent. I'm looking forward to trying all of the other menu items in as little time as can be managed. ^_^

My fiance finally mustard up the courage to try some Caramel Flan for desert, and she did not regret it! It went perfectly with her tea and my juice.

We're now planning on making trips to Blossom Vegan a regular experience.

Pros: awesome atmosphere, fabulous food, delightful drinks
Cons: superb service, perfect Pleasanton location, reasonable prices

Finally!!! A vegan restaurant in Pleasanton!

5 Posted on 03 / 09 / 2014

My fiance and I went there for Valentine's Day and we were not disappointed. The service was excellent, decor was beautiful with roses on every table, and the food was phenomenal. The mushu-mushu appetizers are a must, they are soooo good. I can't wait to try everything on the menu. This place is awesome!!

Pros: Delicious, Nice decor, Fast service

Blossom Vegan is my new favorite!

5 Posted on 03 / 05 / 2014

Found this place on Happycow.net and are we ever so happy! Nice clean restaurant with fresh ingredients. Staff is friendly and helpful and the food is out of this world. It's hard to pick a favorite - there are some classics like the Yum Yum Noodle and Spring Rolls which are incredibly tasty. They also serve some pleasant surprises like the Mushu-Mushu and Potato Curry. The Spicy Noodle Soup is stellar. Blossom Vegan is off to a great start and we are looking forward to exploring the menu further.

Pros: Clean, Fresh ingredients, Friendly staff

Finally! A nearby vegan restaurant....

5 Posted on 03 / 02 / 2014

Excited to have a vegan restaurant open nearby. The next closest all-vegan restaurant is nearly 20 miles away.

Within 2 minutes of finding out about it I was out the door and ordering takeout.

The meal was excellent and very reasonably priced.

Hopefully the word gets out and the local vegans/vegetarians visit often. I know I will.

Pros: New and clean, Friendly staff, All vegan

Dear Owner and Manager of Blossom Vegan Restaurant: