Bliss Cafe

Brooklyn vegetarian cafe. Menu items include tofu sandwiches, BLT, the bliss bowl (brown rice, beans, veggies, tofu, seaweed, and tahini). Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, American, Take-out, Juice bar
191 Bedford Ave (N 6th St, Williamsburg)
Brooklyn, New York 11211-2948
718-599-2547

Open Mon-Fri 9am-11pm, Sat-Sun 10am-11pm.

First Review by Poundie
happycowgirl
happycowgirl

Breakfast till 4pm!

3 Posted on 09 / 10 / 2012

Pro's:
Great variety of items on the menu. Lots of vegan items. The specialty juices were the best thing about the meal. Breakfast until 4pm is awesome!

Cons:
Bliss is lacking that warm, welcoming vibe that keeps you coming back to a restaurant even if the food is so-so.

I give it 3.5 cows. If you like bland food, 4 cows. I like flavorful dishes, so the bland taste was a disappointment.

antgirl
antgirl

Good food, but bad service

3 Posted on 12 / 18 / 2011

I always want to like Bliss Cafe more than I do every time I go there. The food is good (not great) and one of the few veggie breakfast places in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. The service is always terrible. Always. I love the quirkiness of this place and the fact that it is all veggie.

Pros: Veggie breakfast option
Cons: Terrible service
enRoute
enRoute

classic Williamsburg standby

4 Posted on 09 / 05 / 2010

Always liked this place, went several years ago and was happy to see it still around. Stopped in for a breakfast burrito which was really quite nice. It may not be the fanciest or most innovative but it's definitely an old standby and I think it'd be hard to get a bad meal here.

Pros: convenient, cheap, friendly
Cons: a little bland, cramped
lilmammal
lilmammal

Great, easy, vegan lunch

4 Posted on 06 / 23 / 2009

Low key, casual place; good for lunch. BYOB allowed. Similar to other counter service vegan shops. Nothing gourmet, but the food is good. I really enjoyed by seitan steak and "cheese" sandwich. Great location. Inexpensive.

Pros: vegan, location, BYOB
Cons: small space
rvasquez
rvasquez

Meh

3 Posted on 11 / 19 / 2008

The food was okay, but I definitely agree that it's a little bland and simple. I did like the vegan cole-slaw though. I actually would have preferred more of that and less of my sandwich.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Decent Prices
Cons: Cash Only, Simple Food

vegbride
vegbride

Not so blissful

2 Posted on 12 / 26 / 2007

We ate here a few weeks back. I was hesitant since the reviews don't seem to be that good, but we decided to give it a go anyway...and it pretty much lived up to its reviews. Simple, not so exciting food - the kind you could make at home. I had the tempeh sandwich which was good, but the corn chips on the side were stale.

I don't think we'll be going back to Bliss - would much rather try the vegan asian restaurant across the street.

Pros: Quiet , Good location
Cons: Bland food, Unattentive Waitstaff
Poundie
Poundie

OK . . .

3 Posted on 08 / 29 / 2006

This place is in a hip neighborhood has a cozy, relaxed, not downscale atmosphere--sort of like a college-town eatery. The food is sincere, but simple and certainly not gourmet.

Pros: relaxed setting, decent price
Cons: food tastes just OK

Dear Owner and Manager of Bliss Cafe: