CLOSED: Bliss Cafe

Vegetarian cafe and art space. Has free wi-fi. SHUT DOWN, LAST DAY JAN 5, 2014 PER OWNER. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Western, International, Wine

First Review by bad.sneakers
spiritnoodles
spiritnoodles

Bliss!

4 Posted on 08 / 21 / 2012

I love bliss! The ambiance, the food especially that one night when I tried out their salad with strawberries, vegan ice cream (I think it was the coco milk one) and sisig. My apologies if I don't remember the exact names of the food I ate but it was certainly delicious!

Pros: great ambiance, friendly owners , good place to relax and enjoy your food
Cons: a bit far
PhysicsNinja
PhysicsNinja

A definite recommendation.

5 Posted on 07 / 11 / 2012

Although my father comes from Benguet it was not until I became a vegetarian that I discovered Bliss. Upon entering I immediately felt the lovely, relaxing atmosphere of the cafe and was welcomed by the friendly owner and staff.

With the wide array of dishes I found it difficult to choose as I was dining alone. However I eventually settled on the soup of the day, a Bali salad, an Indian veggie curry set which came with Indian Chai, a Bliss crepe and a Bliss ball. Happy to say that everything tasted delicious! Particular stand outs to me were the Bali salad with the honey yoghurt dressing, the piquant chutney that came with the curry, and of course the Bliss ball. I've never tasted anything like the Bliss ball before and it truly was bliss with each bite.

Several days after I returned to order takeaway food for my journey back to Manila. This time I went with Filipino food as I myself have no idea how to prepare vegetarian versions. I have never been a fan of pretend meats or meatloaves, which I why I decided against the sisig, but the energetic embutido was to die for! Best ever fake meat dish I have had, hands down, and also in a way made me regret not trying their sisig. This time I got not one but six Bliss balls and devoured them all myself.

From now on I think I will be a regular at Bliss every time I go back to the Philippines. Not only is the food delightful, the service is also excellent.

Pros: Excellent food, Very good service, Lovely ambiance
T2Veggie
T2Veggie

Yum, I always enjoy this place.

4 Posted on 12 / 10 / 2009

I only visit Baguio once a year but always make an effort to visit Bliss once or twice. It might be a tie between the yummy food and the atmosphere of the place. Even the artwork and music have meaning. There are also great books to read while enjoying a lovely cup of tea or glass of wine. It is bliss.

Pros: friendly, knowledgable staff, free parking, reading materials

The Laughing Buddha
The Laughing Buddha

Worth the wait

5 Posted on 05 / 12 / 2007

Whenever we're in Baguio, my wife and I always find Bliss! True, the wait is sometimes a bit long. But good things take time (this ain't fast food), and in such a peaceful atmosphere, who cares? We have NEVER had a bad meal; it's always worth the wait! We have made several friends among the other diners there, and feel like members of Jim and Shanti's family. Someday, when we move to Baguio, our second home will be Bliss!

Pros: great, healthy food, blissful atmosphere, warm, caring people
bad.sneakers
bad.sneakers

Ultra Bliss

5 Posted on 02 / 24 / 2007

My wife brought me to this restaurant for a treat. She is not vegetarian but we both enjoyed new and exciting recipes here. Way to go Jim!

Pros: excellent food, relaxing atmosphere, suitable music

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Bliss Cafe: