Serves meat, veg options available. Standard pub fare menu but with many vegetarian dishes. Wait staff and cooks are knowledgeable about vegan-friendly cooking. Black bean burger is made-in-house. Live music. Wi-fi. Open late. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
116 W Hill Ave
Valdosta, Georgia 31601
229-219-2289

Call for hours - tell us

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Julie R
Julie R
Julie R

NOT SO MUCH FOR A VEGETARIAN

3 Posted on 07 / 30 / 2013

I found this place with my Happy Cow App, and I really wanted to like it because I wanted to find a good veg place in the South (few and far between). For atmosphere and friendly service, this gets 5 happy cows. For food, not so much. The food is greasy and I really didn't see all that much for a vegetarian. I ended up with a BLT, and I left off the bacon. It had a fried egg on top of it, but it was just way too much grease. I think after putting all the fried stuff on the sandwich, they double fried it again. They serve it with homemade potato chips, also very greasy. (I'm seeing how many times I can say greasy in this review!)

We started out with some onion straws that were (yes, greasy) delicious. The dressing to dip them in was also very good. They were the best part of the meal.

I noticed a falafal on the menu, but I wasn't in the mood for that. They were very accommodating with my sandwich, leaving the meat off. Our server was very nice and efficient.

This is a very relaxed place. Don't get me wrong, I had a great time there. I love the decor of the place and it's a fun place to go with friends. There's loud music, a pool table and a big bar area. Everybody is friendly and welcoming. It would have been better if I were just going out for drinks and fun, rather than having dinner.

But, I was looking for dinner. I guess for Valdosta GA (where generally they go out and shoot their dinner), this was a good find - but, just not good enough for a vegetarian.

Oh, the prices were great - very reasonable and the place was nice and clean. There's street parking all around it and it is in the center of the little downtown area.

Pros: Love the decor, Friendly service, Cheap prices
Cons: Greasy food, Not enough for a vegetarian, Greasy food

Dear Owner and Manager of Bleu Pub: