CLOSED: Blah Blah Blah

Vegetarian food restaurant with vegan items marked. At this location since spring 2013; previously at 78 Goldhawk Road, Shepherd's Bush. Reported closed Feb 2014. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Asian, Indian, English, Fusion, BYOB

First Review by spikeyuk
Deano
Deano

It's closed down

2 Posted on 02 / 22 / 2014

Sadly, this restaurant looks like it has closed down. A few weeks ago a sign on the door said "closed until further notice". A sign put up last week says "lease for sale".

aclasse
aclasse

Excellent meal - well worth the trip

5 Posted on 04 / 10 / 2013

A group of us used to like visiting Blah Blah Blah when it was in Shepherd's Bush and we finally made it to the new Twickenham site. We had a very pleasant dinner at a reasonable (for London) cost - most people had 2.5 (shared desserts!) courses plus alcohol and it worked out at an average of £35/head including alcohol.

They had plenty of vegan food choices - more I think than at times in their previous incarnation. I had an Indian style meal with a chat dish followed by a curry and then tea as I didn't have room for dessert (but the desserts were said to be excellent).

The food was nicely cooked and well-presented. I didn't get around to having the discussion about whether any of the wine was vegan but will next time I go. (You can't BYOB and pay corkage, as you could at the old place.)

The new restaurant is quite large and it was not very full when I went. I hope people are not being put off by the fact it's a bit out of town. Twickenham is easy and fast to get to from central London and you can even use your PAYG oyster card. Go on, live dangerously.

Pros: Good choice for vegans, Well prepared and nicely presented food, Friendly service
Cons: Out of town - but easy to reach
Ray Field
Ray Field

A regular haunt

5 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2012

My wife and I visit Blah, Blah, Blah 3 or 4 times a year and and have done for many years. We always say 'we should go more often' on the way home. The food is always excellent and freshly made which can, sometimes, mean a short delay if they are extra busy. Always a good selection of 5 or 6 starters & mains with several vegan options & helpful staff. Book in advance to ensure you get a table on the ground floor.

Pros: Fully vegetarian, BYO wine, Good value
Cons: Not the most salubrious area, Use of mothballs as toilet freshener!
ann.marie77
ann.marie77

delicious meal, informal feel

5 Posted on 01 / 19 / 2011

I had a root vegetable pie and onion chutney there the other night. I got seated in the basement because the dining room was full. The basement would have been drab had it not been for the other lively customers also seated down there. The wait staff were accommodating and the food was delicious. It was a nice find in that part of the city.

Pros: Tasty British veggie food, Nice variety on the menu, Accommodating staff
Cons: Drab basement, Sometimes slow service
Jemima
Jemima

Interesting restaurant, gives feeling it is unique

3 Posted on 04 / 02 / 2009

Maximum five minutes from Goldhawk Rd tube station. There are about eight tables on the street level floor, the lights are low on this floor. Downstairs is the same amount of space but there are bigger tables and the lighting is brighter. I sat downstairs and the decor looked like maybe it had been put together by the owners/ the best had been made so to say. It was quite pleasant.

I was with a group and apparently there had been some misunderstanding that we would be there. They brought down a variety of dishes and I didn't look at the menu. Of the appetizers one was spring rolls, I was unable to name the others. For main there were dishes from different parts of the world. Again I do not know the names of all of them. One that stood out in my mind was a sort of tostada dish with a bean filling. The food was fine.

That the dinner had been arranged weeks in advance and when we arrived staff found us unexpected meant that the dinner was improvised. Service was a little scrambled due to this as well although they all did their best on the night.

I paid just under ₤20, and for the food, including the amount I received, this was on the high side. I'm not sure whether this reflects prices on the menu, I may have been subsidizing others in the party who ate more than me.

On this experience it is a three but this may be a less usual experience and it may well be better in other circumstances.

Pros: location - easy to find, opposite feel to franchise/ formula
Cons: service/manager may need to be more w it, poss prices high for what delivered

khb
khb

nice little place

5 Posted on 05 / 05 / 2008

The main dining room was full when we showed up (without having booked), but there is a whole other dining room in the basement. We were seated there, and were the only customers there for the whole time we were eating. The menu is not large, and maybe only 1/3 or less of it is vegan. They had a sesame noodle salad that was especially good.

Pros: good food, nice atmosphere
Cons: prices are a little high
spikeyuk
spikeyuk

Relaxing Gem

5 Posted on 03 / 07 / 2008

After recently moving to Hammersmith, I discovered that Blah Blah Blah (somewhere I had wanted to go for some time) was practically on my doorstep so couldn't resist trying it out. A relatively cosy affair set on Goldhawk road almost opposite from the Tube station, the restaurant is clean, inviting and very relaxing.

They operate a 'bring your own' policy so make sure you take nice bottle of wine with you! We were greeted by the only waiter there (as I said it is a cosy place) who was very welcoming and attentive. The menu was clear, had quite a variety of dishes, incluing vegan options, and the food was wonderful and presented very well indeed.

The price was excellent and we had a wonderful evening. In fact upon leaving the restaurant we encouraged two other groups of people who were debating whether to eat there or not to go and have a meal... which they did.

Highly recommended.

Pros: Excellent food, Fantastic service, Price

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Blah Blah Blah: