Blackbird is better suited for vegetarians, not vegans. They did have an applesauce cake, but that's really it. The decor was really cute and it seems like a nice place to chat with someone. I highly advise vegans to eat before going to the island.
It's a cute cafe with a warm and cozy atmosphere. Very nice selection of baked goods, if you're not vegan. The only options for vegans are to substitute soy or rice milk in any of their beverages and their chocolate apple sauce cake. The cake was moist but it's not the best vegan baked goods I've ever had by far.
Updated from previous review on Sunday January 02, 2011
Cons: Not a lot of vegan options
I am not a big chocolate fan, however the chocolate applesauce cake was fabulous! My boyfriend loved it as well and we both highly recommend it.
- Link to this page from your site. Entry info.
- Return to Bainbridge Island Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
- Business Owners, if you see an unfair review, read this.
- Why was my review removed? - details
- Reviews are not endorsed by HappyCow - review terms
- Has Blackbird Bakery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
- This page has been viewed 559 times since Jan 2013.