Serves meat, veg options available. Has tofu, tempeh, and custom burritos with toppings like spinach, mushroom, black beans, and rice. Butter used in some dishes (rice) - vegans to ask. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Jeanne B. Kaiser
sweetalpineh2o
sweetalpineh2o

All rice has butter

Posted on 04 / 19 / 2015

Hey folks, don't be misled. The rice has butter in it, which makes it kinda hard to eat here.

e_melis93
e_melis93

Disappointed..

Posted on 04 / 16 / 2015

Only recently did I find out that their rice wasn't vegan, which is really a shame since the rice is a major part of their dishes. I guess they don't care about vegans and people with milk allergies. It's great if you're a lacto vegetarian but not for vegans. And the food is cheap too. Sigh...

Helen Phillips
Helen Phillips

Black Cat

Posted on 03 / 25 / 2010

I was a big fan of Black Cat because it offers vegan and vegetarian food, with many options. Until on three [I kept trying!] consecutive visits I became sick after each one. I haven't been back in a couple years and hopefully they are taking better care with their food preparation. I don't know.

Pros: vegetarian/vegan friendly, lots of variety
Cons: made me sick

Jeanne B. Kaiser
Jeanne B. Kaiser

Eating vegan at Black Cat

Posted on 09 / 15 / 2009

It can be difficult to eat vegan here because all the rice is made with butter. You will be paying full price for just a tortilla and beans, with any additions costing extra. Students love this place.

Dear Owner and Manager of Black Cat: