Serves meat, veg options available. Offers various burrito wraps, and you could choose your ingredients, including tofu that is cooked on a separate grill (please confirm). Price: Moderate more-less
American, Mexican, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Emily Kate
KannOlx
KannOlx

Awesome for Veg's, Non-Veg's and Beer Lovers!

Posted on 03 / 29 / 2015

My husband and I visited the Evansdale location on 3/28 for dinner. There was live music and no wait, which was great. Our cashier was knowledgable about beers and the menu. We had the guac and chips as an appetizer. It was good, but, non-traditional. If you are a vegan you should definitely inquire about the ingredients because I believe there was a diary component. I had the irie love burrito with tofu- totally delicious! My husband did a build your own burrito and he really liked it. The beer selection was awesome with many local varieties. Limited wine selection. Overall the menu was great with so many different options. We would definitely return!

xvanishingbirdx
xvanishingbirdx

Vegan and Allergy Friendly

Posted on 08 / 22 / 2014

Black Bear is an awesome restaurant that serves a variety of vegetarian, vegan, and allergy friendly meals.

Staff at Black Bear have always been friendly and I have never had a problem with cross-contamination when eating here. I have had the Rail Trail made completely vegan and because I also have severe seafood/shellfish/dairy allergies (anaphylaxis) the kitchen staff was always made aware of the allergies and made sure that cross-contamination did not occur. Ingredients were double, and triple checked for me and staff even made sure I was okay with my food after it arrived.

The chips, salsa and chili (sans sour cream and cheese) are vegan and allergy friendly too!

If you are not vegan or are vegetarian, it's also a great place to bring non-veg friends as there are a variety of meat options. It's kid friendly and good for large groups. There is a lot of seating and also a bar area on the side.

Tip: If you're vegan or can't eat eggs, the cole slaw has eggs in it.

Vegan2012262
Vegan2012262

Delish! Great service!

Posted on 03 / 07 / 2014

We love Black Bear! We go every time we are in Morgantown! Super fast service today even during their busy lunch time. Excellent Rail Trail and nachos. Service is friendly and they know what you mean when you say "vegan"!!! Lots of ways to veganize items!

darrellab
darrellab

Burrito Bonanza

Posted on 06 / 04 / 2013

This was my dinner choice for the first night stay in Morgantown. I was pleasantly met with a separate list that quickly identifies what (and how) to "veganize" various options on the menu.

I went with the Irie Member, a Caribbean-inspired burrito that includes pineapple chunks and jerk sauce (along with tofu as a vegan protein option). Certainly some Daiya cheese and vegan sour-cream would have really set it off, but it was admittedly tasty with the rice and beans. There were some other burrito varieties that I would try if I make it back through Morgantown.

It was a quiet Tuesday evening, but it looks like this place can be fun with a lively crowd or group as well. A good place for the whole mix of veg*ns and meat eaters.

Pros: friendly staff, nice vibe
schmecky12
schmecky12

BEST PLACE EVER

Posted on 03 / 05 / 2013

They have the greatest, freshest foods with the most options. It's all organic and you can get tofu with anything. Not to mention, they use non factory meat, so it's all local. The atmosphere is quite pleasant as well.

Pros: fresh, organic, vegan friendly
Emily Kate
Emily Kate

Black Bear FOREVER!

Posted on 05 / 20 / 2010

A wonderful place with plenty of vegan and vegetarian options! Create your own salad or burrito! A little exspencive but it was worth it! Fast and friendly service with wonderful live music on Wed. evenings!

Pros: Plenty of Options, Fast Service, Kid Friendly

Dear Owner and Manager of Black Bear: