Organic vegetarian bistro located in Almodovar Hotel offering Mediterranean cuisine. Mainly serves vegan dishes or ones that can be prepared vegan (clearly marked) plus raw food dishes. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, International, Mediterranean, Raw, Beer/Wine
Boxhagener Strasse 83, Friedrichshain (S Ostkreuz)
Berlin, Germany 10245
030-692097082
Closed now

Mon-Sun 7:00am-11:00pm

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by candyhamburg
Kyttiara
Kyttiara

Yay! Raw options! and Gluten free!

Posted on 09 / 10 / 2014

I love the place, it's really nicely decorated. The food is expensive for what it is: My friend had an appetizers plate with hummus and stuff, wasn't amazing but still good, fresh and nicely prepared.
Great wine selection!
I had the raw pasta and I so love this dish, I can't tell anything bad about it. The atmosphere is really posh but you can still come as you are :)

Pros: raw options, gluten free options
Cons: expensive, not very original
KathrynHale
KathrynHale

Tasty food, nice restaurant

Posted on 08 / 05 / 2014

I stayed in the Almodovar Hotel recently and kept coming back to Bistro Bardot for breakfast and dinner. The menu is stacked with great vegan options - I'd particularly recommend the hummus and the tarte flambee.

The only downside is that it takes forever for the waitress to come to the table in the evenings. I ended up going to get her several times. I'd recommend making sure you have plenty of time spare if you're eating dinner here.

lusciouslex
lusciouslex

Great fresh food and breakfast

Posted on 07 / 22 / 2014

We stayed at the Almodóvar Hotel, and had a dinner and a breakfast in the restaurant. The food is really fresh and feels healthy compared to most of the vegan food availiable in Berlin. About 80-90% of the menu is vegan. They have an amazing hummus with sundried tomatos - to die for!
Although the breakfast is a bit overpriced at 14 euro, you get a lot for your money. Both warm and cold options, and everything is really fresh and taste great.

Pros: Fresh and delicious food
Cons: A bit expensive, but worth it

Pitanguinha
Pitanguinha

great breakfast

Posted on 07 / 19 / 2014

We stayed in Almodovar hotel, the hotel Bistro Bardot is located in, and had breakfast here. It was a delicious breakfast buffet from 07:00 till 11:00. The restaurant is beautifully decorated, modern-rustic style. There were vegan and vegetarian options on the buffet, breads, spreads, salads, porridge, cereal, jams, one kind of cake, and warm options as well, for example vegan curry wurst, very tasty, and vegan scrambled "egg". Great option if you want to go out to have breakfast in Berlin.

warek
warek

Fantastic

Posted on 05 / 05 / 2013

It's more expensive than the typical berlin restaurant, but that's what you pay for organic and delicious food.
Very friendly service and extremely yummy food. Raw dishes available and many dishes can be made or are vegan. If it weren't for the price I would come here every day.

kimdavitt
kimdavitt

UNbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on 04 / 08 / 2013

I am a passionate vegan and my boyfriend is a passionate meat and dairy eater!he kindly agreed to come to this restaurant with me!let me tell u the two of us were licking our plates!the service was second to none!i am a fluent german speaker but my boyfriend didnt speak a word and the waitress was so attentive!they sent out a complimentary home made bread basket with home made vegan tofu and sunflower seed pate and olive oil!the waitress took her time advising us on wine selection!as a main I got the raw vegan zucchini pasta with sundried tomato sauce and my boyfriend got the Zueri Geschnetzeltes, which was a creamy tofu sauce with a potato rosti!both of us were so excited!then for desert I got the raw vegan fig and pear strudel and he got the mexican lime chocolate cake!let me just say it was beyond divine!for all of this plus 2 glasses of wine and 2 glasses of prosecco and a 1ltr bottle of water we paid 58e!now thats a bargain!the interior is very stylish and chic and attracts a young trendy crowd!i would recommend this to any person!!!!delicious!!!!

Pros: Excellent Service, Premier food, Trendy atmosphere
J-Veg
J-Veg

Good vegan dining

Posted on 02 / 23 / 2013

The hotel that Bistro Bardot is in seems a little out of place in the middle of Friedrichshain, especially when you see how clinically decorated it is and how quiet it is inside the high-ceilinged room where it is situated. Not the best first impression!

The menu was interesting and had a decent variety snacks, starters, salads, mains, desserts. Everything was also in English and was clearly marked as vegetarian or vegan. The vegetarian dishes can also be prepared vegan.

We decided to start off by sharing a platter with hummus, chick-peas, roasted veg, olives and soy 'meat' balls. We were a little disappointed by the size of it (e.g. 3 tiny 'meat' balls, a tiny dollop of hummus), especially considering it cost €15. It wasn't particularly spectacular taste-wise either.

After that I had the saitan kebab (chunks of saitan and roast veg on a skewer), which came with wild rice, a roasted tomato and some guacamole, and my wife had the 'ensalada del mar', which consisted of strips of teriyaki tofu on a bed of seaweed and algae salad. We were both pretty impressed with our mains and thought they were much better value than the starters.

We couldn't resist dessert as there was a warm chocolate 'tart' (more like a brownie mixture based cake in the shape of a biscuit) and crema catalana and they were both delicious.

It was very much a case of big prices and small portions, but we thought the food was quite good quality and we felt satisfied afterwards - and so you should hope after the bill came to €50 (including two pots of tea).

We also noticed they served breakfast, so it would perhaps be a good place to go for breakfast if you're in the area.

I would certainly recommend checking it out for a change if you want to try something new in Berlin, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it ahead of any of the other good veg*n restaurants in Berlin. Viasko remains our favourite with Lucky Leek being our other favourite.

Pros: Good quality food, Friendly staff, A good range of food
Cons: Quite expensive, Strange atmopshere
candyhamburg
candyhamburg

Nice vegan Restaurant

Posted on 09 / 28 / 2012

Bistro Bardot is a beautiful,veggiefriendly restaurant. The food there was quite nice and very tasty. The presentation was clean and the food was cooked to perfection. All is organic and fresh served. Also the waitingstaff were very friendly and courteous - so we felt completely contented.

Pros: veggiefriendly, tasty clean

Dear Owner and Manager of Bistro Bardot: