CLOSED: Birdsong's Veggietaria

A small, basic quick service eatery in downtown that offers prepared veggie dishes, displayed in a steamtable. Choose what you'd like and food is served in takeout container. Has seating inside. SEPT 2013 REPORTED SHUT DOWN/CLOSED, phone not working. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, Raw, Buffet, Fast food, Take-out
112 W 9th St (downtown LA)
Los Angeles, California 90015
213-622-1900

First Review by SusanHecht
SusanHecht
SusanHecht

Good vegan choices in downtown LA!

Posted on 10 / 03 / 2012

I am a vegan, and a new resident of DTLA. I'm finding that the Fashion District is the most vegan friendly part of downtown, including this place. I tasted their "meats": a teriyaki "chicken" and a "shrimp," both of which were pretty good. But I went for their veggie plate of 3 sides: macaroni & soy cheese, collard greens and black beans. Everything was tasty, though subtle--I wanted to add hot sauce to the mac & cheese but they didn't have it.
My husband had the burrito, which was good, but probably should be called a teriyaki "chicken" wrap.

Pros: Friendly staff, Good vegan choices, Good portions
Cons: No condiments

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Birdsong's Veggietaria: