Health food shop with a daily vegan lunch menu consisting of a main dish and a soup. Also has non-vegan veggie quiche, organic cake, different salads on offer. Small sitting area in the shop. Organic juices and mineral water for only approx. 0,50€ including as many refills as wanted. The shop features a wide range of fresh fruit and vegetables and other organic products. Non smoking. Previously named Bioladen Gruner Baum. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, Juice bar, Take-out
Biberstrasse 22 (near Schwedenplatz)
Vienna, Austria 1010
43-01-5126695

Shop is open Mon-Fri 9am-6pm, lunch only between 11:30am-2pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

raw lasagne

5 Posted on 11 / 07 / 2012

they are offering a daily raw 3 course menue,
but you have to order 2 days previously
i had my best raw lasagne ever !
loved it

Clafoutis
Clafoutis

Vegan and gluten free

5 Posted on 08 / 03 / 2012

I visited Vienna with my gluten free, vegetarian brother and were delighted to find that at BioWerkstatt we could both have the soup (pesto and spinach) and variety of salads (the green bean one was my favourite) as well as a choice of bread, which included a gluten free option. The staff were incredibly helpful with our many dietary requirements, and we purchased a few treats from the attached health food shop afterwards. Very tasty, affordable lunch, which felt extremely healthy and wholesome.

Pros: Vegan lunch deal, Gluten free bread, Lovely staff
marielou
marielou

excellent

5 Posted on 05 / 19 / 2012

Good prices, all organic foods, they do great juices - you can decide which ingredients and they blend it fresh for you. The shop has all you need to cook a healthy organic vegan meal, they have all the herbs and spices, grains, vegetables that you may need - or you can eat there. The staff are very friendly, they have some very nice breads, all with sour dough, so no added yeast, you need to get there early if you want to buy bread though -as they are usually gone by afternoon. They have a really delicious sour dough spelt bread which i really liked.

Pros: organic, vegan

wildfang
wildfang

Great for lunch

4 Posted on 06 / 21 / 2010

What a shame I only just now came to try Grener Baum a few days before I leave Vienna. When I was there, I got a carrot and potato strudel along with a small exotic salad and a creamy mushroom soup, altogether for 7,50€.
The staff were all very friendly so despite the sitting area being in the shop it was enjoyable having lunch there.
Unfortunately, there was no vegan cake (I've been told by friends that there used to be), hopefully that will change again.

Dear Owner and Manager of BioWerkstatt: