Extensive supply of organic (bio) and soy (soja) foods, plus organic beer and wine, vitamins, juices, deli. Call for hours. more-less
Palaststrasse 3 (south of Constantine's Basilika, Rheinland-Pfalz)
Trier, Germany 54290
49-651-191-20820

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by saluscow
poseidon
poseidon

Great store with lunch possibility

Posted on 08 / 28 / 2013

This is one of my favorite stores in Trier, Germany.

Pros: Complete bio store, Located in city centre, Lunchbar and bakery
Cons: Be there on time, the shop is popular!
burritomath
burritomath

Great health food shop

Posted on 02 / 12 / 2012

This place has a wonderful selection of non dairy milk, in a variety of flavors. They also offer a selection of various mock meats, including Viana (made in tofu town!) brand mock meats. They also offer many whole grains and a selection of bio beer and wine.

The location is also very good. It just a few meters from the main square in Trier.

Pros: Location, Viana, Free WC
Cons: No more vegan cheeses, No more non dairy ice cream
saluscow
saluscow
  • non-vegetarian

BioGate a welcome refuge for heated travellers!

Posted on 07 / 17 / 2010

I am visiting Germany in July and it is very hot. We decide to visit the ancient city of Trier with Roman Ruins. My friend says there is a health food store around the bend. I am tired and hungry but too not to eat hot food. As we enter the wide open entrance to BioGate we are greeted with Halos from the full service counter. My friend orders a vegetarian dish with mushroom, rice and red peppers. I order the first of 3 smoothies. The first smoothie has whey protein and fruit. My second is the orange and banana. The third is called Frau Power filled with organic red beet juice and celery. All 3 smoothies were delicious and freshly made to order. Counter staff were more than helpful in finding an English speaking worker to assist us with the German menus. We shopped in the store after lunch finding many wonderful products. The store manager told me that there is another store in Wittlich closer to where I am staying. If you visit Trier, you cannot afford to miss BioGate just in view of the ancient ruins of the Roman Empire, the Porta Nigra.

Pros: friendly, helpful , fresh food
Cons: none

Dear Owner and Manager of BioGate: