Vegetarian and raw vegan restaurant, with a diversified menu, serves made-in-house to-order dishes with all fresh ingredients and organic spices, without additives or preservatives. Features three menus: Daily, regular and evening. Almost all desserts contain honey; besides that, no other animal ingredients. Eat in or outside. Jazz on Saturday nights. Free Wi-Fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, Raw, Western, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out

itzjac
itzjac

Lacking flavour...

Posted on 04 / 14 / 2015

My partner and I arrived in Romania on Easter Monday and didn't realise nearly everything is closed on Easter Monday and even so far as to be closed on Tuesday after - also confusing is that Romania celebrate Easter a week later than most countries due to being a majority Orthadox Religion (same with Bulgaria and Greece we have recently found out!). So I Facebook messaged a few veg restaurants I found to find out which were open today (Tuesday) and one was - Biofresh, so we decided to check them out for lunch.

The gentleman who served us was lovely and it was definitely good service. For entree my partner and I shared the tomato bruschetta which was really tasty. I also ordered a soy cappuccino and my partner ordered the 'Fabulous' smoothie. His smoothie was pretty delicious, however my coffee was quite average.

For main I ordered the sweet & sour tofu site and my partner ordered the Vegetable Kashmiri. When both dishes were served we were very impressed with the presentation. However when we started eating, both meals completely lacked flavour. I couldn't taste any sauce on either dish. The tofu in my dish was seasoned and it wasn't bad, but the rest of the dish had no flavour - and definitely not as the menu described - ginger, coriander, paprika & chilli - it had none of these flavours at all. Mine however was better than my boyfriends (I think due to the tofu).

For dessert we ordered the raw orange & forest berry cheesecake which was not too bad however we weren't a huge fan of the flavour combination, however it had good texture (and I make raw cakes for the a living - texture is a huge component) - I think their other flavours would be better. It also comes out frozen so you have to wait for it to defrost.

Another disappointing thing is that they say they are vegan but all their desserts and some smoothies contain honey (and some bee pollen too) so technically not vegan.

The menu is huge and took us a very long time to decide, I think a smaller menu and what is on the menu b wing done really well would do the restaurant a world of good.

Overall we were not impressed with the food at all and would not return.

Pros: Staff
Cons: Food lacked flavour, Menu too large , Coffee
Gauxie
Gauxie

Lovely place, jummie dishes!

Posted on 12 / 09 / 2014

Loved the mixed vegetables with baked artichok, the vegan parmezan was the perfect topping. Really good service, we got some tips for visiting Bucharest! Cute place, not so far from the center. The prices were very democratic. We loved the experience!

Pros: A lot of different vegetables, Good taste, Friendly staff
Mirela
Mirela

Great Vegan And RAW Food

Posted on 09 / 28 / 2014

We love it every time. From bruschetta to quinoa with vegetables

Pros: Taste, Fresh, Service

Hugh02
Hugh02

Great Food, very reasonable prices

Posted on 09 / 11 / 2014

Four of us ate here twice in one week in September 2014. First time was for a quick/light lunch of sandwiches and snacks which were freshly made and very tasty. So much so that when we returned to Bucharest again a few days later we went here again, but this time for a full evening meal. The food was really tasty - probably the best we had that week, and the atmosphere very relaxed and welcoming.Our language skills are pathetic, but we were helped with our choices and all our questions were answered fully. We will certainly go again if we are back in the area.

Pros: Great tasting food, Large menu with plenty of choice, Relaxed friendly atmosphere
DanielaPrisacariu
DanielaPrisacariu

great place!

Posted on 08 / 11 / 2014

Great staff, delicious food, nice afternoon!

The food was pretty simple, made with few ingredients but very delicious with a great attention to flavors.
The person who took our order was very helpful and suggested some foods (they have so many options, you can get lost :) ).

I tried the spinach pasta with tofu and my partner tried the sweet potato dish. The first one was delicious with some soy sauce and vegan parmesan- I would have liked some more veggies in it- but still it was cool. The sweet potatos were amazing; they were combined with peppers and with vegan delicious pesto sauce.

We also had some melon lemonade and raw vegan cake- both of them were really good!

Definitely coming back!

Pros: Great variety of foods, Deliciously cooked dishes, Excelent serving- felt like home!
Chris Phillips Vegan
Chris Phillips Vegan

Another great Bucharest Veggie place to eat

Posted on 06 / 19 / 2014

Well not all was raw, it was a great mixture. Anyone who is Vegan should like this place, the staff are friendly and helpful, with things like making sure any allergic foods are not in one's meal etc. They speak some English. I am sure anyone would enjoy their meals here.

veggieriga
veggieriga

Good food

Posted on 01 / 22 / 2014

I ate here several times. Three times I got the menu of the day- cabbage soup and pasta with tofu (twice) and asparagus soup and pasta with avocado once. I liked the asparagus soup and pasta with tofu a lot. The cabbage soup and pasta with avocado were also decent, but I don't like avocado that much. My vegetable fajita had mushrooms and vegetables and was tasty even though tortillas weren't used. It came with a guacamole sauce. I don't like avocados that much and don't usually eat guacamole, but it seemed to be a good guacamole. I also had the stuffed zucchini twice and it was very good.

I don't recommend the coffee even though they have soy milk, because my cappuccino had cold foam. I didn't complain about it though. I'm sure if I had, they would have removed the charge. But there are other places in Bucharest that are better for coffee with soy milk.

During the day, they have a raw menu and the hot daily specials for 18 or 23 lei. They also have a special menu which originally was just after 7PM but now appears to be all the time. The menu is smaller than the BioFresh in Timisoara, and I hope they can add the other hot dishes found in BioFresh Timisoara.

Note - If you are a tourist like me, you may have ask for the daily menu and the daily menu is also served in the evening (it's not just a lunch menu).

BioFresh is one of the most reasonably priced vegetarian/vegan restaurants in Bucharest and one of the only ones with a menu of the day. They're also fairly good in customer service. When there was a minor problem, they fixed it very quickly.

Updated from previous review on Thursday January 09, 2014

claudiavlaicu77
claudiavlaicu77

best vegetarian food in town!

Posted on 08 / 19 / 2013

Biofresh Bucharest restaurant was the finest dinner experience that me, my husband and some friends had this month.
I have some idea about vegan food and raw-vegan food, my father being a vegetarian for 20 years..... but Biofresh Bucharest is the prove that a perfect meal is not necessary cooked!
Beyond meals, cakes and shakes, we have found very nice environment, with a nice terrace and good jazz music (which, by the way was not loud!). The prices are more than reasonable. 2 persons food, drink (1 alcohol, 1 no alcohol), 2 cakes - around 95 lei (20 euros, so 10-12 euros/person including tips)
I will definitely recommend this place!
Best,
C

Pros: terrace, food diversity , music
miazanoapte
miazanoapte

So-so for now

Posted on 08 / 17 / 2013

I've heard so much about BIOfresh from Timisoara, that the news of a new restaurant in Bucharest made me visit them the very second day they opened on Leon Voda Street. With a friend of mine, we ordered a couple of bruschettas, some raw spring rolls (both mediocre) and spaghetti made from raw kohlrabi (finally, a delicious dish - full of different flavors).
I also liked their lemonade with mango - and their coffee with soy milk (because it's still so hard to drink a coffee in Bucharest served with soy or other kind of cereal "milk").

A very big disappointment to me was that, among the very tempting and supposedly interesting (raw) vegan desserts, very very few aren't made with honey. It seems the ethical aspect of consuming non-human animals or non-human animal products, is of no importance to BIOfresh. But I suppose that's the case with most RAW vegan restaurants, at least in Bucharest. The focus is on RAW, on HEALTHY eating - and NOT on VEGANISM - as deliberate choice not to eat or consume animals or anything else of non-human animal origin.
Also, the focus on "healthy" eating, places them among the other raw vegan restaurants in town which over-price. At least, for my student pocket.

Otherwise, the atmosphere was very hectic and noisy, with people still working around, adding final touches to the decorations.
Overall, it was a so-so experience - however I am planning to visit again to see what's improved. I am also curious of trying out some dishes from the evening menu (you can order from it only after 7pm). Hope to update my review soon.

Pros: outside terrace, very diversified menu, somewhat close to city center
Cons: hectic, moderate-to-high prices
Andreea M
Andreea M

Best place to be a vegetarian

Posted on 08 / 16 / 2013

Good food, good music, delicious raw vegan dessert. Can you ask for more? Sure. A live concert. And they have that too. Each Saturday night, jazz plays LIVE and most of the times the restaurant gives away a few free entrance tickets for early confirmations.

Pros: good location, close to city center, delicious food, wonderful music

Dear Owner and Manager of BIOfresh: