Serves meat, veg options available. French bakery with a cafe in back that offers mostly organic food with a number of vegetarian and vegan choices. Organic coffee and tea, fresh juices. Relaxed atmosphere, has English menu. Price: Moderate more-less
Organic, Bakery, French, Japanese, Non-veg
Udagawacho 16-14, Patio 1F, Shibuya
Tokyo, Japan
03-5428-3322

Open Mon-Sun 11am-11pm.

First Review by tyrannosaurusveg
poopixie
poopixie

really glad we gave this a try

4 Posted on 05 / 04 / 2014

Was put off initially that it is only veg friendly but really glad we gave this cafe a try, right in the heart of shibuya. The menu is in english and clear on what is vegan and what isn't. we ate here for lunch a couple of times and really pleased with the food and service.

Konekiene
Konekiene

will come back!

4 Posted on 03 / 19 / 2014

Came around the noon of weekday, and was surprised to see it half empty, as spaces around central Shibuya are usually cramped with people.
Space was cozy, furnished with small wooden tables, decorated with few plants, not much of natural light, but not entirely cut out from it.
The man who served us looked like someone who is important person there, and was a bit persistent with his English introduction to menu, so i had to pretend understanding what he says and sorted out the details from the menu myself.
The rest was real pleasure.
A good amount of soft and mild tea for a start with dried berries adding light flavor.
The food - my friend ordered a set lunch (grinned beetroot soup and shiitake in green leaves sauce with flat brown rice onigiri wrapped as a baby in white paper). My choice was a small salad with apple dressing, citrus scented bread piece, and gratin with soft avocado, tempeh and fu in creamy soy milk base.
I felt pretty filled after such meal and refrained from their pastries displayed at the entrance, but will definitely come back some time for that apple wrap which, as stated on the label, is also vegan.

Pros: teas, food making you wander, location
Cons: better don't ask the guy any questions
Aya
Aya

Amazing!

4 Posted on 02 / 10 / 2014

I kind of avoid going to non-veg places, so I was reluctant to go to Bio Cafe. I also expected it would be very expensive.. You know, French food in Japan, organic, in central Shibuya. Girl, I was so wrong!

The place is lovely! Very cozy, spacious, relaxed atmosphere.. There is food with meat, fish and eggs, but about 1/3 of the dishes and a half of desserts are vegan. In the end I could not decide what to eat, so I chose Vegetarian Benedict, which was very good. It came with a salad and a drink (I had a large pot of herbal tea). I also had a gateau au chocolat cake, which was amazing, the best cake of this kind I have ever had. My friend had a pumpkin cake, which was very good, too. I also bought a cheesecake (which was so so, as I like sweeter desserts) and an apple pastry (which was amazing) for a take away.

There was lunch menu (all dishes come with a free drink) and from 3pm (if I am not mistaken) you can also have 'tea menu'. A small salad, a cake of your choice and a drink only cost 990yen, a good value for money, too. In the evening they have dinner menu.

The staff speak some English.

Pros: Relaxing atmosphere, Lots of vegan choices, Good value for money
Cons: The portions didn't seem to be very big
tyrannosaurusveg
tyrannosaurusveg

Lovely food, friendly staff

4 Posted on 08 / 18 / 2013

Great cafe/french bakery. They do serve meat but they have a decent number of vegetarian dishes to choose from with set menus that change every few days.
The staff were very friendly and brought us an English menu.

The food was delicious and they served the best bread and coffee that we had during our whole stay in Japan.

All in all a good option for vegos in a city that doesn't do much vego. Very tasty.
Updated from previous review on Sunday August 18, 2013

Pros: Lovely food, Friendly staff, English menu available

Dear Owner and Manager of Bio Cafe: