Cafe offering an array of organic vegetarian and vegan food such as salads, sandwiches, bakery goods and cakes. Since 2011. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, Western, Juice bar, Bakery, Pizza, Take-out
Bajcsy-Zsilinszky ut 65, Nyugat
Budapest, Hungary H1065
+36-205621818

Mon-Fri 7:30am-6:30pm, Sat 8:00am-3:00pm

First Review by Ryecatcher
itzjac
itzjac

Cute bakery, food a little plain..

Posted on 04 / 18 / 2015

My partner and I went here for lunch while in Budapest because it was the closest place to our hotel. I didn't realise they didn't do meals to order until we arrived and so you choose what you want from the cabinet.

It is in a pretty good location and it is a cute little cafe & bakery - the staff were nice and helpful - as much as they could as they couldn't speak a lot of English Which wasn't too much of a problem as everything there is vegan. Only you're not exactly sure what you're ordering with somethings and just have to try to decipher what things are through the glass cabinet.

I got a big veggie burger that had a tomato-flavoured veggie patty, fresh tomato, cucumber, onion & lettuce, plus ketchup and mustard. The flavour of mine was pretty good and I liked the patty - but there was WAY too much bread and it didn't taste that fresh. I also ordered one of the cakes - I think it was a baked cheesecake of vanilla and chocolate base - it was really good! My partner got to small sandwiches with cheese and some kind of sauce - they were okay but the fake cheese had no taste really and the sandwich was quite bland. He also ordered a jam croissant - I think the croissant was really old though - it tasted stale and tasted like a bread roll rather than croissant and it has about 1 teaspoon of jam inside.. We also ordered to soy cappuccino's - I liked the coffees but my partner didn't so I drank his! They weren't the best I've had but they weren't bad either.

Overall I think it is a good place to go for a coffee and a dessert or a quick take away lunch but it could definitely do with improvement - more salad on the sandwiches and maybe some grilled veggies and not all just fake meats and cheese?

Not too bad though, I would go there again if I was in the area and needed a quick veg meal.

Pros: Cute restaurant, Staff were friendly , Location
Cons: Food a bit plain/bland, Croissant & bread stale
Ryecatcher
Ryecatcher

All fine

Posted on 10 / 22 / 2014

Bio Bakery and cafe and store.
They offer fresh cakes and coffee as well as all kind of bread and other bakery stuff. Especially the dark breads are noteworthy.
Further there are all kinds of ecological products like soy milk and rice milk aso., diverse grains, tofu, pre-cooked dishes, and many more also things stored in a fridge. Oh, and vegan ice cream.
In addition to that they offer lunch for eat in or take away. Vegan meals are clearly indicated.
Sandwiches and salads are available all the hours.
In fact the entrance area is rather crowded with all their products but the sitting area provides enough space.
Updated from previous review on Monday October 20, 2014