Lucignano is a lovely, though teeny, Italian village and finding an organic, veg friendly spot is quite unexpected. We got the homemade gnocchi with pesto and bruschetta, both typical Italian dishes but prepared with a little modern flair and exceptionally tasty. The store has a nice selection of organic foods.
Establsihed to showcase the wares of several organic producers in Tuscany. Offering a short menu of antipasti (roasted artichokes, olives, grilled peppers, tappenade etc.) cheeses, relishes, crostini which are brought to the table on a platter. There is also a hot dish of the day such as gnocchi or pasta. The vegan platter was excellent and the friendly manager told me that they have many veg*n customers and familiar with the requirements. Organic Italian cider was a novelty and was lovely. It also has a mini-market where most of the produce is vegan and labelled as such. They have vegan wines, beers & spirits. The walled town of Lucignano is very picturesque.Pros: Excellent food, Very friendly, Drinks choice
Cons: Music too loud
- Link to this page from your site. Entry info.
- Return to Lucignano Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
- Business Owners, if you see an unfair review, read this.
- Why was my review removed? - details
- Reviews are not endorsed by HappyCow - review terms
- Has Bio Cafe Free Tuscany closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
- This page has been viewed 208 times since Jan 2013.