bio&bio is an organic market with locations throughout Croatia as well an online shop. Offers a wide selection of certified organic products: vegetarian and vegan food, nutritional supplements, natural cosmetics, books, and much more. more-less

First Review by daf187
acht
acht

sandwiches. cakes. helpful staff

Posted on 08 / 19 / 2013

This medium sized health food store is located on the busy shopping street Ilica, and therefore easy to find. Two friends and I spent a few days in Zagreb and this bio&bio was our first stop to stock up on breakfast and snack items.
I noticed a lot of German products being sold, like Voelkl Juices, Tartex, Rapunzel and the like, but there is no shortage on local and really affordable products, like tofu, seitan and tempeh.
In the back you will find a section with produce, we bought local cherries that were among some of the best I ever had.
But I was truly enamored with their refrigerated case full of fresh sandwiches (I recommend the BBQ tofu or seitan and the fried zucchini) and great cakes.

The staff was helpful and spoke English, gave great recommendations for vegan-friendly restaurants and were overall pleasant.

Come here for snacks, a great variety of spreads, okay bread (too hippie/dry for my taste), cereal, fruit etc.

Prices seem great on the local products, but, of course, a little on the high side for most imported (especially the raw) stuff.

Pros: friendly staff, wide variety of local products
Guest
Guest

Makronova Center

Posted on 08 / 04 / 2008

Downstairs of the restaurant Makronova. Next door to a bookstore. A wide selection of organic food, beverages, supplements, body and home cleaners. Many and helpfull staff. Cakes & muffins to go.

Cons: no parking
daf187
daf187

fake meat city!

Posted on 10 / 05 / 2006

i popped in here having just stuffed myself in makrovega upstairs. my friend was so impressed with the celing-high chiller full of tofu, seitan and analogue veggiemeat products that she took a photo and now treasures it. i bought a pile of stuff, same prices as the UK, really, and the staff were happy to translate some ingredients i didn't understand.

Pros: friendly staff, great selection, vegsalami!

Dear Owner and Manager of bio and bio - Ilica:

Thank you for being a Plus FRIEND supporter.

There are more ways to promote your business on HappyCow, including:

1. Advertise your large, custom banner on the Zagreb page, or any other regional page
  2. Upgrade to Premium FRIEND status to get a Spotlight Feature in HappyCow's popular e-Newsletter, MooZine. You'll also get generous discounts on any additional advertising

Please email us if you have questions, or to get started today!

Last updated: 2014/06/10