Big Island Burritos

Serves meat, veg options available. Relaxed beach restaurant. Sit at the tables, the bar, or picnic tables. Flexible with ingredients, and you can custom build your burrito, nachos, taco, or salad using beans, rice, guacamole, fruit salsa, etc. Large portions. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Mexican, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by MarylandMatt
juicygirl
juicygirl

OK, Not great

2 Posted on 05 / 09 / 2012

Big Island burrito is average at best... nothing special. But it wasn't horrible. I would never go back just because there are two AMAZING burrito places in the area that we love. If you are looking for a REALLY fresh, awesome burrito I highly recommend Roburritos which is a couple miles south down in Melbourne Beach. The bad thing is she is only open like 4-5 days a week and closes whenever she feels like so call first and make sure they are open. There is also a great place called Da Kine Diegos up in Satellite Beach that has HUGE veggie burritos.

Pros: Good location
Cons: food isn't that good
Healthy Mama
Healthy Mama

Super Cheap, Super Fast

4 Posted on 01 / 08 / 2012

I've been going to Big Island since I moved to the beachside 12 years ago. I now live 20 miles away and we still make a trip at least every other week. The servers are friendly, food is super fast, and I can stuff a family of 4 for $20! My kids, being no-frills kind of girls, get a "black and white no cheese" (which comes in 3 sizes) and a side of chips with enchilada sauce for dipping. My husband and I will either split a nachos (which can fill both of us who like to eat) or each get a huge burrito (the veg. "Cabo," of course) with rice (your choice yellow or white), beans (black or pinto), lettuce, tomatoes, guacamole and we add mango salsa, which is yum! Get it wet for extra flavor, but you can request to leave out the dairy (sour cream and cheese) and will not miss it.

Also, try the BBQ Burrito for an interesting twist. It does come with coleslaw, which has dairy, but you can easily replace the meat with beans.

Only drawbacks are that they are closed on Sundays and they do not offer whole wheat tortillas.

Pros: Cheap, Fast, Yummy
Cons: Closed on Sundays, Need whole wheat shells
MarylandMatt
MarylandMatt

Forget Big Island, these are Big Burritos!

4 Posted on 04 / 23 / 2009

Absolutely enormous sizes on the burritos for the average price of $6-7. Trust me when I say that you could easily cut these in half and eat them for two meals. The atmosphere is that of a beach cabana, and is a short walk across A1A to the beach. The waitress we had was really nice, and completely understanding of my vegan restrictions. Next time I come down here for a visit, Big Island is a definite stop.

Pros: Great prices, Huge portions, Relaxed atmosphere and kid friendly
Cons: No on menu vegan options

Dear Owner and Manager of Big Island Burritos: