Serves meat, veg options available. Juice bar/cafe serves a large selection of juices and sandwiches (made with made-in-house wheat-free/yeast-free bread). There is one vegan sandwich on menu, but the staff will happily custom make something for you with ingredients such as hummus, avocado and many other veggies. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Western, American, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

MeaganPalmer
MeaganPalmer

Excellent vegan sandwich!

Posted on 01 / 19 / 2015

I'm often in the city center for school, where there is not many options for vegans. I stumbled upon this shop one day when I peaked in the window and saw that they had a vegan sandwich. They might not have many options in general there, but what they do have they do it well. The sandwich is made on yeast-free and wheat-free bread that is delivered daily. It has a generous portion of hummus, red peppers and olives. It does come with a pesto, which I'm not sure is vegan, but they will offer other options such as a ginger dressing,though the sandwich doesn't need this. This sandwich is filling and delicious. I usually have it at least once a week.

They also have a lovely selection of juices, as well as really nice loose teas,and the regular coffee selections (sorry, I don't drink coffee at all).

The best part of the place, besides the cozy decor(they also have an upstairs that has a giant bed you can sit on!) is the staff. The owner seems to always be in,and he really goes out of his way to get to know his regular customers. The service there is unlike anything I have come across in Denmark. As an ex-pat from NYC, I was quite use to friendly staff who cares about the customers, but this is the first place I've found this since moving to Copenhagen.

I highly recommend this shop, if you're looking for a cozy but low-key hang out with juice, sandwich or even just tea and coffee with some friends.

Pros: Great food, Cozy and unique-looking shop, Very friendly and kinf staff
Cons: Could have more selections (?)
insan0r
insan0r

Friendly Staff, Tasty Sandwich

Posted on 10 / 01 / 2014

They serve fair trade coffee, for a reasonable price. Tasty smoothies and a real good vegan sandwich. The interrior is also very nice, we loved this place for breakfast since it was next to our hotel.

Dear Owner and Manager of Big Apple: