Big Al's Healthy Foods

Serves meat, veg options available. Has vegetarian sandwiches, wraps, and burritos. Fresh carrot juice. Quick service. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Ovo, Lacto, American, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by EmilyBethNelson
Julie Sapulpa
Julie Sapulpa

What a great find!

4 Posted on 02 / 15 / 2014

I had lunch at Big Al's with my non-vegan son. I love finding places where we can both have what we want and be happy. I had the Deluxe Veggie pita sandwich and a side of red pepper hummus. They were so nice when I asked for a dip of just tahini instead of their usual yogurt/tahini dip for the sandwich, and suggested a substitution of avocado since I didn't want cheese on the sandwich. Yummy. The hummus could have used more garlic, but I understand they have to cater to everyone's palate, and I like hummus to have A LOT of garlic. My son also loved his chicken Caesar wrap. We will definitely visit Big Al's again.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, Unsweetened iced green tea
jjj2014
jjj2014

One of the best Veg places in Tulsa

4 Posted on 01 / 09 / 2014

They have several vegetarian sandwiches, not quiet as good if you order vegan, but overall good for Tulsa! And healthy!

Pros: good vegetarian sandwiches, good gaucamole , several veg options
Cons: need more vegan options
NomNomNominator
NomNomNominator

Great Food

4 Posted on 12 / 23 / 2013

Ordered out and had a taco bowl. The avocado is actually guac but it was delicious. They were handsomely generous with their pintos and guac. All delicious. Mother had a avocado pita and can't stop talking about it. Boy friend had a meat something or other and was pleased. Would eat here again and definitely recommend it to other veggie friends.

Pros: Generous portions, Fresh produce
Cons: Sometimes the listed avocado is guacamole

EmilyBethNelson
EmilyBethNelson

Good stuff!

4 Posted on 06 / 12 / 2012

My friend introduced me to this place a couple of weeks ago. I've now been there a few times and have been pleased on all visits. I am vegan and their options consist of sandwiches, soups, hummus, taboli and even cookies. Super awesome lunch establishment!

Pros: Vegan options, Healthy
Cons: Limited hours

Dear Owner and Manager of Big Al's Healthy Foods: