Upscale vegan dinners on a romantic balcony or intimate dining room in one of the city's oldest buildings, Began service in Nov 2013, upstairs of Feelings Cafe. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, American

First Review by Pete Farrugia
veronicajones
veronicajones

romantic place & tasty food

5 Posted on 07 / 26 / 2014

Bhava is a sweet little place with excellent, inventive vegan food. The watermelon soup and nut cheese board were especially great, but everything was delicious and thoughtfully put together. A great addition to the nola food scene!

mmeghani
mmeghani

Creative food, nice atmosphere on the balcony

5 Posted on 07 / 06 / 2014

Outstanding vegan & vegetarian food & atmosphere. Good service. Very creative, tasty, lightly spiced tapas style items. My wife & I shared 7 items. We sat on the balcony overlooking the beautiful courtyard, with light music playing below for dinner. It us a pleasant 20-30 minute walk down Chartres from the Hyatt French Quarter. This is a great place for formal or casual vegetarian dining. The pumpkin curry soup & kale chips were outstanding. The papas rellenas, quiche & salad, & tofu crabby cakes were also very very good. And we ended with a molten choco cake & one other desert which were great.

Pros: Creative food, Nice romantic balcony, Tapas style small portions
Cons: Higher price, At the far end of the touristy part of t
MTrofin
MTrofin

Excellent food and atmosphere

5 Posted on 04 / 27 / 2014

We were very impressed with the food, and loved the fact that the restaurant is located away from the busy streets, but close enough to everything.

jeramos76
jeramos76

YUMMM!!

5 Posted on 01 / 12 / 2014

This was an overall sweet experience for myself and my husband! Within this quaint spot you will find the undeniable charm of New Orleans and love that only a home cooked vegan meal can provide. The chef is from Alabama...how do I know...because she talks to her guests like invites to her home. What an awesome evening with AMAZING cuisine. If the curry pumpkin soup is 9 the menu have it...you're welcome (^_^). My husband is a meat Eater and devoured his stuffed cabbage and half of my tamales. Did I mention the word amazing? Oooh and that lemon pie. Can not wait to return to this hidden gem. I literally had to hug the chef before leaving ♡.

Pros: amazing full vegan menu, quaint and romantic, Downtown New Orleans
Pete Farrugia
Pete Farrugia

A very pleasant experience

5 Posted on 12 / 09 / 2013

Bhava is an excellent new vegan restaurant in New Orleans. The food was skillfully prepared and attractively presented. The staff were friendly and courteous and the building was beautiful and atmospheric. I will definitely be back next time I'm in the city.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, Nice vibe

Dear Owner and Manager of Bhava: