Now offering healthy lifestyle coaching and raw catering. Its retail space at 6100 S Blackstone Ave had shut down in early-2014. more-less

First Review by SynthVegan
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

BGabs

5 Posted on 10 / 10 / 2011

Wow, I'm impressed with B'Gabs. I'm generally skeptical about raw food because it's usually overpriced and just not worth the money. But that simply was not the case at B'Gabs. To start, the location is a bit hard to find, but don't give up, it's there! The owner was super sweet and helped me navigate the menu, and I walked out with many items (for lunch and dinner) for a decent price:

1)Smoothie (banana, pineapple, strawberry) - very good!
2)Garden Flax Crackers - also really good, but don't plan on talking closely with anyone until you brush your teeth!
3)Raw Pizza - this was not my favorite, I didn't care for the pizza crust or the green spread on top, but I did eat the toppings, and they were very good.
4)The Nut Burger - WOW this was AMAZING! If I could eat this a few times a week, I'd be pretty happy. The thing I liked about this burger is that it was mostly veggies, and not grains. The "bread" was very good as well as the patty - they'd be smart to keep this as a regular item on their menu.
5)Kale Salad (came with the burger) - I loved this salad!!!
6)Pesto Tomato Salad (came with the burger) - Fantastic!!!
7)Strawberry Pie - this dessert is good, but it's not my favorite, it's also very heavy (a common trait among raw food items)

Overall, B'Gabs is truly a find. If you like raw food, you should get over there immediately. I actually prefer this place over Karyn's and Cousin's. The food is not as heavy as RAW's food (which is good for me) - I'd say B'Gabs is among the best raw food places in town.

Dear Owner and Manager of BGabs Goodies: