Betty's Vegetarian Restaurant

Upscale dining with formal seating inside and a couple sidewalk tables. Healthy food. 10 minutes from Museumplein on the tram. Price: Expensive more-less
Lacto, European, Western

First Review by wellread
giancarlo59
giancarlo59

Ok but pretentious

2 Posted on 02 / 04 / 2014

A nice setting as it is actually a normal Amsterdam house turned restaurant. The food is good but not excellent when compared with the expectations set by the host. Use of foreign language (French and Italian for the most) to describe the items being served (even when pronounced wrong) adds charisma to the experience. Lots of information given about the origin of the product too. However the service is not as good as the stories being told. Little attention is paid to what's going on at the table (no drinks) and far too long time to wait between courses. It took more than 3 hours to have a complete dinner. Again it would all be ok if the food was outstanding. Unfortunately it is not. Simply good. But that's where it stops.

Pros: Nice settings, Quality of products
Cons: Meal tasts good but not excellent, Too expensive for what it is offered, Service is nice but too slow
Qternocq
Qternocq

What distinguishes the good from the alright

5 Posted on 11 / 12 / 2013

Absolutely a five star restaurant for me. We booked a promotional diner (they existed 25 years so a 3 course meal was 25 euros) but the quality was no less astounding than it would be in a normal situation. The portions are exactly right (so that the desert only just fits) and the the taste was just perfect. The somewhat higher price is clear from the moment you take the first bite and is definitely worth it. The service is good, they explain everything you have on your plate and are very nice to just have a chat with. The restaurant is very cosy. Do make sure you make a timely reservation and mention it if you are vegan. We are and this was no problem at all for the cook!

AMKNL
AMKNL

The WOW effect!

5 Posted on 12 / 13 / 2012

A big thx to the Godess in the kitchen and the fantastic service by il CApo himself... waht an experience!
One of the best restaurants we've ever been to and my three courses desserts were not from this World - amazing!
I have known my wife for 23 years, who's not into sweets (!) but this was a first, she liked (loved) the taste of mine and finished it off!
They make extensive use of herbs and interesting combinations... it's a case of letting yourself go with the flow and enjoy the dishes which escape the kitchen.
For some it might be a little pricy, but considering what you get and the quality, it's more than worth every cent!
We will be back!

Pros: best food ever, best service ever, best dinner in 2012
Cons: none, none, none
JulesID
JulesID

Vegan option

5 Posted on 10 / 08 / 2011

Excellent food from a gracious and informative owner. He accomodated my vegan requirement among a group of non-vegans. Highly recommended.

Pros: Vegan option, Owner, Atmosphere
Kaznjen
Kaznjen

lovely meal

5 Posted on 12 / 03 / 2008

I coerced my colleagues to join me at Betty's whilst traveling from the US to Amsterdam for a conference. Everyone enjoyed the lovingly prepared, organic food. Our host was quite knowledgeable about each of the ingredients, where they were grown, and their preperation. It was delish. We will dine here again before we leave. Highly recommended!

Pros: organic food, knowledgeable staff, formal veg

wellread
wellread

best high-end veggie in Amsterdam

4 Posted on 05 / 04 / 2008

This isn't a place I've been to that often, but it's the best for a special occasion in my opinion. Birthdays, anniversaries. My partner and I are both vegan, and this place is accommodating to that, especially if you call ahead. They have daily menus, so they will tell you what's possible that day for vegans.

Pros: good food, friendly, no smoking
Cons: pricey, variety

Dear Owner and Manager of Betty's Vegetarian Restaurant: