Beter en Leuk

Beter & Leuk is a vegetarian cafe and lunchroom, at this location since 2012. Offers high tea, and once a month a vegan brunch (check date). Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Dutch, European, Pizza, Bakery

First Review by Cornelie
Cornelie
Cornelie

Nice, but not super nice

3 Posted on 03 / 04 / 2014

My partner and I went here for lunch on a Thursday. I ordered a lentil salad with pomegranate seeds and he got a flatbread with homemade falafel and cashew sauce. For drinks, we both had chai soy lattes.
The lattes were very nice. Just sweet and spicy enough. When we said we were vegan, we got a few pieces of really good vegan chocolate with it instead of the regular cookies.
My salad was alright, although slightly too cold, and there was hardly any dressing on it, which made it a little dry.
My partner did not like his meal. The falafel was very dry and did not taste like falafel at all. The sauce had a strange 'funky' taste.
We didn't get any cake because the vegan options of that day did not look very appealing compared to the regular ones and the cakes were displayed in the middle of the room, without any covers or refrigeration.

Updated from previous review on Tuesday March 04, 2014

Pros: Relaxed atmosphere, Many vegan options
Cons: Quite expensive compared to the quality, Questionable hygiene for some items

Dear Owner and Manager of Beter en Leuk: