CLOSED: Berwyn Cafe

Small cafe-type atmosphere with free Wi-Fi, games, and books to entertain customers. Offers weekend brunch. Try the BBQ tofu and the organic carrot juice. Location is in a college area residential neighborhood. Reported closed/shut down to HappyCow, Feb 2011. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Juice bar

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by ahaus829

Unreliable with being open

Posted on 03 / 09 / 2009

It sucks that this place actually appears from the other reviews to have good food. My wife, best friend, and I tried to go to the Berwyn Cafe twice. The first time we took the Metro all the way from Northern Virginia to College Park, walked to the restaurant, and found it to be closed. There was no note. And, to make it worse, we saw a group of people walking up to the restaurant who said, "Oh man, are they closed again? They do this all the time."

We really wanted to give this place a chance so I called the night before to confirm they would be open. When they said yes I also confirmed their hours. This time we drove there but again found the restaurant to be closed...with no note whatsoever.

Obviously the people who run this business are unreliable, irresponsible, and do not respect their customers (or people in general) enough to stick to their stated hours or at least leave a note on the door.

I highly suggest you not patronize this restaurant and instead go to one of the many other wonderful vegetarian/vegan restaurants in the DC area who actually care about their customers and treat them right.

I'd rate them as one cow if I could go that low.

Cons: Unreliable

Posted on 09 / 28 / 2007

The people here are so friendly, and it was so nice to have such filling, healthful, and tasty vegan food. We went on Sunday afternoon, and the cafe was quiet, but we definitely weren't alone. The hummus is very good. So were the cookies! I can't wait to go back again soon.

Pros: Good value, Friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Berwyn Cafe: