Self-service style veggie restaurant. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Portugese

First Review by subthr33
tanayada
tanayada

Dislike

3 Posted on 01 / 31 / 2014

We went there because the rewievs here are good. I liked the ingredients, but the food was hardly edible. Maybe it was due to chance and I chose the wrong items, but...
The price is really very good, also the portions: we had soup (good), the huge plate with rice, shpinat balls and rice with seitan, dessert (edible, not more) and juice (mixed with water, not very tasty) - all for 7,5! I ate it with my little son and even took a full take-away box for my husband. So 7,5 went enough for three persons.

Pros: Location, Price, Soup
Cons: Not tasty
ChiaraLeto
ChiaraLeto

I recommend it for a good lunch

4 Posted on 10 / 13 / 2013

I went there and wasn't expecting such a nice place!
In the day with sunlight it looks incredible and the food was also pretty good!
Definitely going back

CDR2013
CDR2013

Wonderful Restaurant

5 Posted on 08 / 12 / 2013

This restaurant is owned by two sisters from Angola who are extremely sweet and completely without pretense! They seem genuinely proud of their restaurant and pleased that we value what they offer! This is not a self-serve restaurant--one of the sisters asked what we wanted and then put the items on a plate. The four entrees we ordered were all vegan--including a very nice spinach lasagna! Topped off with freshly-made watermelon juice, this was a great experience! We would eat here daily, if we lived nearby.

Pros: Inexpensive , Very nice owners, Many delicious vegan dishes
Cons: A little difficult to locate

Anticopy
Anticopy

Best in Porto

4 Posted on 10 / 26 / 2012

This is the most well balanced vegetarian restaurant in Porto, and also, it is Vegan Friendly.

It's really near the center of Porto, in Rua do Bolhao near Rua Santa Catarina or, Metro do Bolhao and Metro da Trindade.

Staff is very friendly, pice is not expensive, for less than 5 euros you can eat in a big quantity, with a lot of variation (you can ask a bit of every food they have on display), you can ask for only vegan, they have not very expensive (notmally one is in special price) natural juices made in the local, soup, salads, portuguese and other type delicious food (vegetarian and/or vegan).

They even have at some special days (and maybe on friday I can't remember) francesinhas.

Well, only bad thing is that they are not open to dinner.
The rest, it's really the best alternative.

Pros: Quantity, Quality / Taste, Very friendly
Cons: closed at dinner
chlough
chlough

Big portions!

3 Posted on 06 / 15 / 2012

The cafe is up some stairs in a little shopping outlet-type building and is open for dinner. We went around 12 on a weekday.

There was two hot plate options, soup, salad, cous cous, pizza and quiche. Very inexpensive. The staff didnt speak much english, but knew what i meant by vegan. They served a lasagna that was soy cheese with loads of vegetables, and really tasty. My friends had a cheese spaghetti with spinach, which looks amazing.

Only down side was it came across a little school dinnerish, but that was probably due to us not speaking Portuguese so getting a little bit of everything!. Still worth a visit!

Pros: huge portions, great value, healthy
irishpataias
irishpataias

Excellent Lunch!!

5 Posted on 05 / 26 / 2012

We ate here last Friday for lunch. The staff were very helpful explaining the choices. It's a buffet lunch and very good value (4.20 a plate (hot)). There is a selection of cold salads as well. Everything was very, very tasty. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. Non-smoking restaurant which is open only for lunch Monday - Friday from 12-3pm. It seems to be mainly regular customers as they knew the staff. I would eat there again and highly recommend it. It's quite close to Bolhao Market and Metro (just off Rua da Santa Catarina, the main shopping street). You will find the Restaurant up one flight of stairs and I believe the complex was attached to a hotel.

Pros: Flavorful food, Value, Location
Mimi
Mimi

Good Lunch

4 Posted on 02 / 05 / 2012

Visited Beringela for the first time, and enjoyed a good lunch there. Vegan-friendly. The staff are friendly too. Spacious and comfortable. Worth a visit.

Pros: Tasty food, Spacious, Vegan-friendly
subthr33
subthr33

Little Gem!!!

5 Posted on 10 / 26 / 2008

Great selection of simple food, wholesome fresh and delicious, selection changes every day, typical example of cost for a meal for 2 people, 1 shared salad, 1 main course (3 or 4 choices)each 1 dessert each( 3 or so choices) 1 fresh juice ( a choice of more than 10!) total cost about 16 euros!!
Definitely a bargain!! All the staff extremely friendly and welcoming especially with young children. I would have no hesitation going there for lunch everyday no matter where I am in Porto.
We were staying in the hotel Dom Henrique,Rua Bolhao, this restaurant was literally next door on the Rua Bolhao nearest metro station Bolhao or could use Trinidade metro station.

Pros: very friendly staff, healthy, excellent food , good value, non smoking great!
Cons: Only open for lunch!!!

Dear Owner and Manager of Beringela: