Serves meat, veg options available. Offers marked dishes that can be made vegetarian on request. Soft or crispy tofu options. Confirmed open April 2012. Price: Moderate more-less
Thai, Japanese, Non-veg

First Review by minirunner2
Eliseila
Eliseila

NOT VEGAN FRIENDLY

1 Posted on 01 / 17 / 2013

Not vegan friendly at all. I had to ask about several menu items, and even asked simply about vegan options. The waiter did not even know what vegan IS. And the owner Benja was very rude, and acted like she could care less about us. Not cool. I will never go back to this restaurant.

n8marine
n8marine

Great option for this sleepy retirement community

4 Posted on 04 / 04 / 2012

Many items on the menu can be made Vegan. When we questioned our waiter about fish sauce and a like, he asked if we wanted our food prepared Vegan! That is a welcome breath of fresh air in a town this size made up of mostly retirees.

Our food was very tasty, it was oilly but that is Thai food, I would expect nothing else. We had vegi rolls and sea weed salad to start and tofu with thin Vermicilli noodles and veggies along with Pineapple fried rice for the main course.

The service was excellent and friendly. I will eat here everytime I come to town.

Pros: Good selection of could be made Vegan, Nice atmosphere while still casual, ample parking
Cons: We had a twenty minute wait on a Wed at 7pm, No fake meat products
minirunner2
minirunner2

Good food, not vegan friendly

2 Posted on 03 / 14 / 2011

The food at Benja is good although quite greasy. The menu has clearly marked veg options and also dishes that can be made vegetarian. I was concerned though because most dishes contain fish sauce and it is common for non-veg restaurants to not realize that fish sauce is not veg.

Most dishes contain eggs, even those that do not clearly list eggs in the ingredients contain eggs. It is very difficult to find a vegan option on the menu.

The staff was not overly friendly or helpful. Our waitress was even less helpful when we were requesting help in getting a vegan option. The food is extremely greasy and oily. This was my first experience with Thai food so it may just be a feature of Thai cuisine but I wasn't impressed with that.

Overall the food has a good flavor and I think vegetarians would enjoy the restaurant, but I wouldn't go back.

Pros: Good flavor, vegetarian options
Cons: Eggs in everything, Very greasy, Not very friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Benja Thai and Sushi: