Completely raw vegan restaurant, located 10 minutes from the city center by tram (Pionierska stop). Offers raw food, salads, soups, snacks, desserts, and fresh juices. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, All Raw, Western

Lucia23
Lucia23

Fair

Posted on 02 / 28 / 2014

Fair place when you can get a large choice of salad and vegetarian food.
A bit more expensive than other vegan place and a bit far from city center but they do have very good salade (perfect for summer)

Pros: The salad
Cons: The price, The location
student75
student75

best raw place i've ever been to

Posted on 09 / 08 / 2013

really good vegan raw food! broad selection of smoothies and dishes! little hidden in a "mall"! really nice place

Pros: raw food, broad selection, loads of space
Cons: none
hoppipolla
hoppipolla

Be BEMBA

Posted on 09 / 29 / 2012

I visited Bemba three times and I am completely convinced that this calm restaurant deserves the highest rating. I was impressed by raw vegan version of pizza, burger or stuffed peppers, everything served as a pleasure for the tongue and the eyes, as well. The dish is prepared in ten minutes or faster and you can spend the time by reading some inventory books, though, yes-mostly in slovak and czech language. The staff was always interested in my satisfaction and always got a positive answer :)

Pros: very delicious, very nice stuff
Cons: location out of downtown

froekenlisa
froekenlisa

Yummy, super healthy and a treat all over

Posted on 08 / 25 / 2012

My friend and me did a day trip to Bratislava, which is such a lovely city. The old town is downright beautiful and you can feel the impact of the EU (e.g. buildings getting restored)
Beforehand we checked Happy Cow to have a suitable place to eat as although Bratislava is fairly in the west, you feel the Eastern Europe influence on food anyway which is dominated by meat.
To find Bemba you have got to get on a tram (I don't recall which right now, but Google is your friend and you'll find it easily, there are at least two lines going) and then the real adventure begins: Finding it. Now lucky you I'm writing this, it's located on the third floor of a "shopping centre", you have to go round and round but once you've found it HAPPINESS awaits.
The menu is super large and since we weren't able to decide, we took a platter for two and fresh green juice. Everything was raw and super yum. There was a burger, salad, rolls, a little pizza and much more. Definitely worth a try! Although we were fairly full, we wanted still got a desert, cherry strudel. Every bite was a treat and absolutely delicious.
Bemba is run by a young family, there is place for children to play, to read books (they have a shelf but I guess you'd have to know Slovak) and large tables for YOUR whole family to eat. The walls are a colourful light green and the atmosphere is all over friendly and open.
The waitress spoke better German than English, but was always eager to help and communication never was a problem.
If you are in Bratislava, do get on a tram and check Bemba out yourself. It's about 15minutes from the city centre and totally worth it. For our two course menu with drinks we paid about 20€ each. In Germany we would have paid double or thrice the price.
Next time in Bratislava we will definitely make it there again!

Pros: amazing food, healthy, fresh, seasonal, fantastic value
Cons: a little far from the city center, not easy to find

Dear Owner and Manager of Bemba: