Provides healthy food in comfortable and quiet space. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Organic, Buffet, Take-out, Portuguese
Av. Almirante Reis 152 R/C esq, Lisboa (Praça do Chile)
Lisbon, Portugal 1000-052

hack_man
hack_man

'Beloved'? Not Quite, but in a Way

Posted on 09 / 03 / 2015

Popped into this place on the way to get tickets for the Portugal v France soccer match in September 2015. I've had this place on the radar for a number of years, and it was now a convenient opportunity to visit. It was quiet when we arrived at around 16:00 but the staff were spontaneously friendly and extremely welcoming especially the older lady who tried to explain the dishes to us. They serve basic home made main courses such as lasagne, veggie burgers, samosas and filled savoury pastries all served with a pretty salad. With prices at €5-6 for a main plate, it's decent value. The quality was OK but it lacked that something special. Fair play to them, they're obviously doing something right as they've been going for years but with so many new veg / vegan places elsewhere in Lisbon now, it's not somewhere I'd rush back to. On a final note, they sell a home made vegan ice cream which did look very impressive indeed. We did ask to try some but it was lost in translation. I guess I should really try and learn some Portuguese.

Pros: friendly, cheap
Cons: basic
RaquelMesquita
RaquelMesquita

Preço acessível

Posted on 07 / 07 / 2015

Bom preço, comida interessante e o espaço em si é também agradável. Fui num dia calmo pelo que fui atendida rapidamente e rapidamente a comida chegou à mesa. Havia pelo menos três ou quatro opções de pratos principais mas eu decidi arriscar na Lasanha de Espinafres (6,5€) e arrisquei bem.

Prato bem servido e comida quente - como se tivesse sido acabada de fazer. A Lasanha estava muito interessante: uma mistura de lentilhas com beringela recheada. O prato acompanhava ainda com uma salada.

Voltarei. Uma vez que achei o preço por uma refeição já com bebida - 7,5€ - bastante em conta. Recomendo.

Pros: Preço, Qualidade, Espaço
itsjustnesS
itsjustnesS

Strongly Recommended

Posted on 03 / 01 / 2014

I have been to this restaurant a few times and I can always find vegan options. Some dishes are very good and some are just reasonable. They average on the plus side in tastyness and actually make a meal. Fair portions with plenty of sides to make sure you have a meal with variety and don't leave hungry. They also make some really good desserts, and even though the cakes / tarts for the day may not always be vegan (usually at least one is) there's always the crepes so you have a sweet tooth, dessert won't disappoint:)
There's also a lot of options for beverages, and they make can all the milkshakes with soy milk if need be.
PS: if you find yourself there and they have cheesecake, I strongly recommend you give it a go ;)

Pros: Good Value, Good Food, Clean and Fresh Atmosphere
Cons: Not Open For Diner

chrdold
chrdold

good food, vegan friendly

Posted on 09 / 18 / 2012

I went there in the afternoon and they offered me a choice of three dishes of the day, two of them vegan.
It was good food for a reasonable price. Just the interior was not so cosy.

Pros: reasonable price, good food
Cons: atmosphere
PrincesaMichelle
PrincesaMichelle

Delicious, excellent owner and staff

Posted on 04 / 02 / 2012

Enjoyed the "bacalhou assado" vegan codfish traditional style Portuguese meal. It was delicious and reminded me of my mother's home cooking. Ate a dessert that was to die for and had excellent fake coffee (it was a blend of cereal coffee they serve in Europe). Owner spoke with us throughout the meal and was so nice about recommending other restaraunts. Would love to eat there often if I didn't live in the US.

Pros: Delicious food and dessert, friendly owner, vegan friendly
mik
mik

Nice!

Posted on 08 / 21 / 2011

They may not open when they are supposed to, but once they finally did... well, I enjoyed a quick visit. I hade some lime cheesecake of sorts, which she assured me was vegan. They seem to care about pleasing their customers, since when she asked me if it was good and I said it was slightly too creamy she got a bit bummed..

immaia
immaia

To try

Posted on 06 / 23 / 2010

Nice restaurant, spacious, luminous and nicely decorated. Good food, but not of the kind that awes my mind. Not expensive, but there are cheaper and tastier options around. Still, I like to go there once in a while to try something new as they like to introduce dishes from different countries once in a while. Not to miss the dinners in the dark.

Pros: Quality food, Spacious

Dear Owner and Manager of Bem-Me-Quer: