Leslieville boutique opened since Nov 2011. Offers fresh juices, smoothies, and packaged raw food for take-away. Delivers organic juice cleanses and raw food cleanses. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, All Raw, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Delivery

saveur
saveur

Favourite Raw Resto in Toronto

4 Posted on 06 / 12 / 2014

UPDATE 6/12/2014: The resto has changed into being geared for takeout. There are only 2 benches if you want to eat in and they no longer plate your food. They also removed their made-to-order smoothie menu, which is a shame. Now the only way to get a drink is if you give them the $2 bottle deposit first. This used to be my favourite place to eat but now not as much.

This is my earlier review:

Belmonte Raw is a newcomer to the resto scene in Toronto but it is by far my favourite vegan resto to date. I love going to a resto knowing that there aren't any refined sugars or flours in my meals, and I can rest assured at Belmonte Raw (they use honey in one of their dishes though). Here, the drinks are great (smoothies and juices) and their mains are killer. I love how they are bursting with veggies. Nuts and seeds are used as a highlight and don't drown them out. The flavours are bold and beautiful, even when I visited in the winter. I definitely recommend the raw burrito. The sunflower seed burger is also very good. The homemade chocolates are sinfully delicious.

As a warning, the place is kind of confusing. It is small. There it a fridge and you pick what you want to eat (or order fresh drinks and chocolates at the cash). They will take your main in the take-away container and plate it for you. I marvelled at how something so pretty came from a black plastic container.

Their hours are terrible. They are only open for lunch, especially since they are located in the East end. A wonderful jaunt for the weekend, though.

I highly recommend scoping this place out. Delicious food... but only for lunch. ;)
Updated from previous review on Tuesday March 13, 2012

Pros: delicious, veggie-centric, raw
Cons: only open for lunch, all meals premade
vtraveller
vtraveller

great raw spot!

5 Posted on 09 / 15 / 2012

I was stoked to find this little place located just on the corner of the B&B I booked. The have somewhat limited hours, just till 3pm, but I made it in one morning last week. I ordered a custom smoothy which was out of this world. Cacao, almond milk, banana, Maca, and Sun Warrior protein. I felt energized the whole day from it.
I also tried some of their cookies, and a peanut butter cup, both awesome. The cookies were not too sweet, just as I like them.

Pros: Quality Ingredients, Nice interior, friendly staff
Cons: No dinner

Dear Owner and Manager of Belmonte Raw: