Raw food restaurant. Everything is raw, vegan, and organic. Has raw ice cream and raw pies. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, All Raw, American, Fusion, Juice bar, Take-out
1611 W 5th St Ste 165
Austin, Texas 78703
512-477-2338

Open Mon-Thur 9am-9pm, Fri-Sat 10am-10pm, Sun 11am-7pm.

First Review by jshah
kirteen
kirteen

• raw

bad customer service

2 Posted on 02 / 14 / 2014

Although the food is good, the customer service leaves something to be desired. My husband made reservations for the special Valentine's dinner. I had been looking forward to it for over a month. On valentine's Day I woke up ill, flu like symptoms, and called to inquire about getting the special meal as a take out order. I was told they were not doing take out for the Valentine's Day meal. My husband called to see if they would make an exception due to my illness and was told no from the manager who had spoken to the owner. I understand them not wanting to handle take out for a special meal but would think that extenuating circumstances would be considered.

Pros: good food
Cons: bad customer service
Lisarose1000
Lisarose1000

DELICIOUS

4 Posted on 06 / 29 / 2013

This restaurant is a wonderful addition to the Austin vegan restaurant scene. I would eat there more often other then I find it a bit expensive for me. But when I do go, I'm thrilled and love it.

Pros: Quality, Taste, Freshness
Cons: Price
katy3
katy3

delicious food and dessert

4 Posted on 03 / 16 / 2013

The dessert here is AMAZING!!! The taste of the choco brownie was very subtle. And I didn't feel the unpleasant heaviness I normally get from eating brownies. The cinnamon roll was even better than the brownie. The orange flavored frosting complements the cinnamon roll perfectly. Both desserts were complex and had great texture. Highly recommend!

For the main course, I had the cha-lu-pas and my hubbie had the Reuben. The chalupa was a bit too rich for my taste, but the side kale salad was great. And I liked the veggie chips that came with my husband's Reuben. Can't wait to come back to try some of their other dishes!

I agree with the other reviewers that the price is a bit high for the quantity of food you get. One point off for the price.

Pros: great dessert, raw, great service
Cons: small portions
HillaryPerryColey
HillaryPerryColey

Very good!

5 Posted on 02 / 16 / 2013

Wonderful food. High quality and very tasty. It is a little pricy for Austin, but the atmosphere is fun and hip, food is great. So a wonderful place for a night out.

Pros: High quality, nice vibe, good portions
Cons: price

Delicious Raw Vegan fare

4 Posted on 08 / 28 / 2012

I've been to Beets 3 times and I always go nuts here, probably ordering twice as much as I need in a meal. I just want to try everything, but don't get downtown too often just to eat.

Pros: Fantastic selection, Delicious Food, Entrees, desserts and more!
Cons: Ridiculously expensive, Staff can be rude/slow
proper or pompous?
proper or pompous?

a favorite in austin

5 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2012

it has been a little while since i've been back to beets (it's pricey) but the times i went, i was completely satisfied. everyone i've talked with, about beets cafe, thought it was heavenly as well.

Pros: amazing food, comfortable dining, healthy
Cons: cost
mathimp
mathimp

5 Happy Cow Faces... Compared to other Raw places.

3 Posted on 12 / 27 / 2010

I've been to 4 raw food places, and my wife went through a phase where she was eating only raw. I ate it, but I didn't like it. So if I hadn't received a gift cert. to Beats I wouldn't have gone. But I'm glad I did. It was very good, and compared to other raw places, it was excellent.

Pros: taste, health, service
Cons: raw, price
esestud
esestud

Best raw food in Austin...so far

5 Posted on 08 / 22 / 2010

They have a great selection of entrees, salads, and desserts, along with literature and materials you can buy. I ended up purchasing a vegetable spiralizer for making raw spaghetti. The salads are very large portions, and their chocolate cheescake is worth trying as well. They also offer classes on raw food preparation, which I will definitely attend sometime, since I want to learn as much as possible about preparing my own meals. I would definitely stop by here again in the future.

Pros: Excellent food, Knowledgeable wait staff, Supplies
Cons: Price
tanyaviola
tanyaviola

Huge menu, delicious food

5 Posted on 08 / 15 / 2010

The place is big, bright, and modern looking. The waitress was very nice and helpful. I got the Asian Style Noodle salad, with kelp noodles. It was too pretty to eat! But I ate it anyway and it was delicious. My husband ordered the Portobello Fajita Platter and that was good too. We started with the daily appetizer special: curried carrot chips with tahini dip. It was awesome! They have a huge case of raw desserts, but we stuck with the brownie, because it was small. It was really good. They also sell some raw cookbooks and some other raw items. I'll definitely go back! There's free parking in the garage too.

Pros: free parking, big menu, great food
Cons: a bit sterile setting
Anna_Brannin
Anna_Brannin

Delicious but expensive

3 Posted on 08 / 08 / 2010

Delicious but expensive and not completely filling, even though I had an entree and dessert. However, they do use local and organic products/produce, thus I am sure this is where a lot of the expensiveness comes into play.

It would be great if they had a lunch special or ran some kind of promo/discount, so I could afford to eat here more often!

Pros: Healthy/Light, Delicious, Organic and Local
Cons: Expensive, Not Filling
Keith_Thode
Keith_Thode

Great Everything

5 Posted on 07 / 07 / 2010

Open at 8am. I had several meals, deserts, and smoothies - all great. And yes, as they say, try the raw ice cream.

Raw-kin

4 Posted on 03 / 03 / 2010

This place is, in fact, great. Very hip atmosphere and great food. The 'ELT' (think dehydrated eggplant in place of bacon ) was excellent.

Pros: Raw, Healthy
Cons: Can be expensive
jshah
jshah

kudos to a culinary expert!

5 Posted on 01 / 19 / 2010

I'm def a foodie snob and I love veg food, but am sometimes a bit weary of raw food. this place is not just great raw food, it's amazing food!! the chef is a culinary genius! go there and get the apple cobbler! I don't even love desserts and I LOVE this. the chalupas/tostados are delicious too. the salads are delicious. everything was flavorful, inventive and healthy! not cheap though...

Pros: excellent flavor profiles, delicious food, healthy
Cons: pricey, but worth it, not high end ambience

Dear Owner and Manager of Beets Cafe: