Beet Box Bakery and Cafe

Vegan bakery and sandwiches. Offers cakes and pastries made from whole, mostly organic ingredients. Gluten free options. Everything from seasonal fruit jellies to cashew cream cheese and soymilk are made in-house. Quiet dining room with free wi-fi. At this retail location since spring 2013. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, Bakery, Take-out
1030 E 22nd Ave (San Raphael neighborhood)
Denver, Colorado 80205
303-861-0017

Open Mon-Sun 7am-7pm.

First Review by Jeff M
tauberl
tauberl

some of the best bakery I've had!

5 Posted on 07 / 17 / 2014

Everything I tried at this all vegan bakery was really, really good- highlights were the chocolate filled croissant (oh. my. god) and the cinnamon roll. Also had the chocolate donut which was tasty, although I would have liked it a little crunchier. Fresh brewed iced tea was great too. There were so many other things I would have liked to try but only so much sugar I could handle in one trip...I will definitely be back here if ever back in Denver!

Pros: amazing bakery, cute space
DanimalPanda
DanimalPanda

the future is here, and it loves you

5 Posted on 04 / 29 / 2014

Veggie power to the maximum- total thought and care into this place.

Super delicious food, and naturally ... VEGAN. Supernaturally.

Everyone who works"loves" here is my personal super hero..
They have awesome artisan jewelry as well!!!

Pros: delicious to all new levels unknown to humankind, loving crew, thoughtful and creative, progressive... LOVING!!!
plantsmiles
plantsmiles

Hard to spot, but yummy!

4 Posted on 04 / 17 / 2014

I've only had one experience here so far. The vegan sandwiches were really really good! I had a cinnamon role for desert and it was just so so. Girlfriend had a cookie that was also so so, just seemed like they had sat for a while. But the sandwiches were amazing!

veganamanda
veganamanda

Friendly little bakery

4 Posted on 04 / 12 / 2014

I tried Beet Box for lunch one day while visiting Denver. It's off the beaten track - a little hard to find when walking in from the city center.

The girl at the counter was very friendly and patient despite my indecision! I got the with Cremini Panini with cremini mushrooms, pesto, cashew cream cheese, and arugula on country bread. It was tasty and reasonably priced.

I also grabbed four donuts to bring back with me to Boston. They are cakey and pretty tasty. I thought the flavoring on the vanilla was a little odd though. They weren't the best donuts I've eaten, but better than most vegan donuts that I've tried!

If I lived in the area, I think I would eat here regularly.

Pros: Friendly, Prices
Cons: Plain decor
earthville
earthville

Best little veg*n café and bakery in Denver!

5 Posted on 02 / 05 / 2014

Beet Box is a very welcome addition to the small veg*n scene in Denver, and our new favorite.

Great sandwiches, heavenly desserts, fresh baked goods, and very friendly service.

We're very impressed with their attention to quality, health, organic ingredients, etc. And they're working on more gluten-free options, which we'll also appreciate.

The brownie is exquisite!

They also have a frequent diner card that gives you free food after a certain number of purchases.

We'll come again and again. We only wish there was more on the menu for us to try! :-)

Pros: great sandwiches, delicious desserts and other baked goods, very friendly

mbentz
mbentz

GET THE TURTLE BROWNIE!

5 Posted on 01 / 23 / 2014

I loved their pastries & hot chai. The turtle brownie had excellent dark gooey caramel and was so sweet and delicious. It was a nice quiet little place. I wish I lived in Denver!

stevensmara
stevensmara

Yummy

5 Posted on 01 / 14 / 2014

Had great service, a delicious cinnamon roll, and hot chocolate. Soooo excellent

Pros: Service, Hot Chocolate, Cinnamon Roll
dreadiesnlight
dreadiesnlight

Promotes Veganism NOT Hipsterism

5 Posted on 12 / 16 / 2013

This place is probably the coolest place you can find in Colorado. The Owner works on the Daily and will most likely be the one to prep your sandwich. The food is great, with the staff knowing about sugar and all other hidden ingredients and you are sure to be eating a 100% vegan meal which is nearly impossible in Denver. I thank this place for their fair pricing and their most amazing food. I have had almost every sandwich, def every pastry and their tea is made with in house almond milk made fresh, that is very delicious! Cant find any where else like it!! A must if you are in the Denver area! Try the Avocado Melt and enjoy your Day:) The cookies are so amazing too! cheap and way better then city o or watercourse in opinion and the vibe of this place is welcoming! Not like other places in town that serve vegan options! There is a nice vibe when you walk in the door and you dont have to be a cool kid to eat there.

Pros: parking, inexpensive, Damn Delicious
veggoodness
veggoodness

OMG so good!!!

5 Posted on 11 / 25 / 2013

I live in Boulder, but Beet Box is so good I may have to leave the Boulder bubble more often! I walked in half an hour before closing and they still had a great selection to choose from. I had an amazing eggplant/hummus/pesto/cashew cheese panini sandwich on fresh baked bread, and got slices of the apple caramel and pear pecan pies to go. Uggggh, so good! Have to go back and try the avocado melt. I'm even tempted by the turtle brownies which are gluten free, and I usually avoid gf but these looked amazing.

Pros: friendly staff, open late, ALL VEGAN DELICIOUSNESS
surfaces
surfaces

Nothing bad to say about the beet boxers

5 Posted on 11 / 24 / 2013

Outstanding place and outstanding people—Denver needed a Beet Box. Check 'em out whether you're a local or just headed through town. Hearts for Beet Box.

Pros: Vegan everything
Cons: Nope!
jhawk
jhawk

Vegan with Gluten Free Options

5 Posted on 11 / 12 / 2013

I was very happy to walk into this establishment after a long drive through the middle of the US. I could not find one piece of dairy free chocolate at any gas stop between Illinois and Colorado. All that behind, the offerings at the Beet Box Bakery & Cafe were fantastic. My only regret is that I was not in town long enough to try more of what they had to offer.

Pros: All Vegan & Some Gluten Free, Creative Offerings, Frinedly Staff
fatgizmo
fatgizmo

Love it!!!

5 Posted on 11 / 08 / 2013

Beet Box has amazing pastries, cupcakes, tarts, cakes, sandwiches and coffee!

Their cinnamon rolls are SO good. And I highly recommend the Avocado Melt sandwich which even got a "WOW that was a really good sandwich!" from my part time vegan husband.

Everyone who works there is super nice. It's great to support a growing vegan café!

Pros: Excellent vegan goodies, friendly staff
matcha
matcha

Kale & Potato Tart, Croissants, ABC ...LOVE!

5 Posted on 11 / 05 / 2013

LOVE Beet Box. The ABC sandwich with layered beets, cashew spread on FRESH baked everyday in house bread is awesome!! Nobody makes their own sandwich bread - these guys are awesome. And the fresh bread makes all of the difference. I also loved the kale and potato tart. Savory croissants are good but could use a little more of the savory filling. Donuts are not real donuts, i.e. not fried, so they are like cupcakes in the shape of a donut. I like the chocolate walnut one. Pecan pie is good. Not in love with the beet brownie as it really doesn't have a chocolate flavor. Staff uniformly nice, owners super nice, chill vibe. They make their own almond milk for their espresso drinks. GO GO GO!

soyorganic
soyorganic

vegan!

5 Posted on 09 / 24 / 2013

Good sandwiches, good coffee, all vegan! I also enjoy there bread and sweets. I recommend the ABC sandwich and the banh mi. Reasonable prices, good vibe inside. No sign out front as of 9/2013

Pros: vegan
animalsRfriends
animalsRfriends

Sandwiches now at beet box!

5 Posted on 07 / 22 / 2013

Great vegan bakery with all the trimmings! In addition to great pastries and donuts your favorite vegan bakery now has sandwiches on the lunch menu. My all time favorite is the bear claw! Stop by and give it a try!

Pros: bear claws, special order cakes, vegan atmosphere
Cons: no treats for my dog, no patio, not open early enough
Jeff M
Jeff M

Great bakery!

5 Posted on 05 / 03 / 2013

Beet Box is a damn good bakery and the bonus for us is that it is 100% vegan. Finding fresh vegan desserts and baked goods was almost impossible in the Denver until Beet Box came to town. I've missed doughnuts since going vegan and Beet Box makes some great ones. Additionally, we've had several of their other items such as the sweet potato cinnamon rolls, savory tarts, sweet tarts, pies, and scones - all of them are excellent. The sweet tarts that we've eaten from Beet Box are hands down the best I've had in my life - vegan or otherwise. If you're looking for something to take to an occasion with omnivores, Beet Box is the perfect solution. Everytime I've brought donuts, tarts, or anything from here to work meetings/luncheons, everything gets gobbled up and people can't believe it's vegan.

Their new store is great!

You can also get their baked goods at different stores in Denver such as Nooch vegan market.

Updated from previous review on Sunday February 03, 2013

Pros: Vegan doughnuts!!, Gluten Free Items

Dear Owner and Manager of Beet Box Bakery and Cafe: